PDA

View Full Version : New Player - how do I join a game?

Tamron
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi there, I just got the app, bought the time, but now I can only access a single server - Nergal - described as a tutorial server. There's another server on the list - Ningal, but whatever I do I can't access it. It simply says "joined" next to the name (and shows an orange dot meaning I have a char on that server) but never logs in. If I tap it again, "joined" turns into "Signup Open", and back to "joined" if I tap again. What am I missing?

ColfaxJones
06-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Keep it at joined, then wait for the start time and you'll be in that server. Practice on the tutorial server while you wait.

WhiteLion
06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Keep it at joined, then wait for the start time and you'll be in that server. Practice on the tutorial server while you wait.

To explain in further detail:

Nergal is a tutorial server. It's basically the full game with slightly different rules.

- Your home world sector is protected (no one can come in and attack you, but you can attack anyone in yours).
- Server is subject to wipes and modifications at any time.
In short it's great to play in because its safe and a good way to learn the ropes while playing simultaneously on other servers.

Ningal is a regular server/game. Games start every few days for varied reasons. This one starts on June 5th. So keep in the queue, don't leave it'll go live soon enough. In the mean time head to the practice server Nergal and play there so you will know what to do when Ningal goes live.

You can see how many players are signed up for Ningal underneath the name. Currently I see 48 out of 1370 spots. (I'm one of the 48).

Read the forums, look for info. Some of the tutorials were incorrect and unfortunately confused people. You'll get a lot of help here on the forums.