PDA

View Full Version : Patch today (June 03) at 1600 EDT

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 05:40 PM
All servers down for a small patch.

- change to targeting to spread attacks more evenly on overcommitted targets
- change to resource generation to allow +2K planets to spawn (future games only. retro patch still to come for existing game)
- major reduction in population growth. Colonists will no longer spawn like bunnies
- fixes to the proxy servers to correct memory leaks
- orbitals now count towards your total ship count
- shipyards no longer count as part of your ship count

WhiteLion
06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the patch notes!

WhiteLion
06-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Just a quick thought: Any ETA on when they'll be back?

:D

Royce
06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Just a quick thought: Any ETA on when they'll be back?

:D

Right now ;)

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
All servers have been patched and returned to service.

Royce
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Since the patch I can't hold a connection for more than 30 seconds. I maybe have time to move one probe, then it disconnects while I'm moving the second. Tried killing and restarting the client, but didn't help.

Edit: the problem seems to have resolved itself after I moved all my probes. FYI, if it means anything to you guys, most of my disconnects (maybe all) since I started playing have occurred when I was choosing a destination for ship movement.

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
The disconnect thing is pretty random. We really need to get the new client out, it is just so much better. Z and I are on Facetime all day today ironing stuff out.

Supamand
06-03-2012, 09:10 PM
The disconnect is really about the stable Internet connection. I notice when I'm not moving or in bad connection spot, I pretty much don't disconnect at all.

Supamand
06-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Hmm have you guys ever player chaos and order? They have this interesting feature that lets say if you switch to other app for few minutes, when you switch back to the game, it will restore the connection t your character without going thru the login. It's like a synchronizing effect. Maybe something similar could be adopted?

Royce
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
The disconnect is really about the stable Internet connection. I notice when I'm not moving or in bad connection spot, I pretty much don't disconnect at all.
I'm at home, and the connection was fine before the patch. Same Internet after but kept dropping out. I don't even consider disconnects on 3G as disconnects since I realize the network is likely to blame.

Hmm have you guys ever player chaos and order? They have this interesting feature that lets say if you switch to other app for few minutes, when you switch back to the game, it will restore the connection t your character without going thru the login. It's like a synchronizing effect. Maybe something similar could be adopted?

Part of a post from Lee on TA:

We'll be submitting a new build soon that fixes the disconnect issues / auto logs in after switching apps and other things.

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 09:48 PM

In the new client if you were logged in and you backgrounded the app, it will automatically log you back in to the server you were on. It works well.

ColfaxJones
06-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm also getting more disconnects than ever after today's patch. Wifi and 3G, iPhone and iPad, same account. Please get that update out soon fellas.

Tsagoth
06-03-2012, 10:17 PM
No, the new proxy is having issues. I wasn't watching it before.

Supamand
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
- shipyards no longer count as part of your ship count

Does this effect apply after the shipyards are built? Because it looks like the shipyards still take spots when they are built. It says that the slots are available, but when I try to build a new ship, I get a warning that II need to build a shipyard to house more ships.

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Does this effect apply after the shipyards are built? Because it looks like the shipyards still take spots when they are built. It says that the slots are available, but when I try to build a new ship, I get a warning that II need to build a shipyard to house more ships.

Yes it does; before that it just looks to see if the factories are active and assume it's a ship that each active factory is building. A yard under construction isn't considered a yard until it pops out.

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I haven't had many disconnects when backgrounding the app and them coming back within 2-3 minutes. It's only if I background it for a while that I have the log out issue.