PDA

View Full Version : is this possible or is a hack?

romars
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I found this player that have
1Bu Common ore
999Mu rare ore

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
What server is that in? If its Nergal, I suppose that's possible, as they haven't reset it in a long time. But if it's any of the competition servers, I think we have a problem. Though no one should be able to hack this game, as everything is server side only, or so I think I read.

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
999Mu is a GM planet for testing.

romars
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
aa ok ... thx for info

Delete this topic ...

zarkwizard
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I found this player that have
1Bu Common ore
999Mu rare ore

lol.. I'm a hacker... You found my in game persona... :) I was curious how long it was going to be before someone found me. I guess you can also note from the image that I don't do much. I saw someone in my system the other day of a game that just started and I said to Tsagoth, maybe I should make a SCT and collapse my star.

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
So is it possible to hack the game without first hacking the server? I'm no hacker, so this could be a stupid question. But like there are jailbroken iPhones out there that can get an app that allows them to buy IAPs for free. Is that possible with this game? I hope not for you all.

Tsagoth
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
No, the client is not trusted.

ChickenHawk07
06-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Ok good :-)

Tsagoth
06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
So is it possible to hack the game without first hacking the server? I'm no hacker, so this could be a stupid question. But like there are jailbroken iPhones out there that can get an app that allows them to buy IAPs for free. Is that possible with this game? I hope not for you all.

No. It was funny, on launch day I kept seeing these weird errors on the accounting server, invalid receipts. I thought the server was bugged and that we were screwed. Then I noticed the funny receipts were all kind of the same. So I did some Googling and realized it was people trying to use an IAP cracker on us. It's mostly stopped now but there's one every once in a while still. Very amusing.

ChickenHawk07
06-05-2012, 07:53 PM
No. It was funny, on launch day I kept seeing these weird errors on the accounting server, invalid receipts. I thought the server was bugged and that we were screwed. Then I noticed the funny receipts were all kind of the same. So I did some Googling and realized it was people trying to use an IAP cracker on us. It's mostly stopped now but there's one every once in a while still. Very amusing.

Haha, GOOD! Very glad you are immune to this. Though I'd be wary of them developing a workaround. I hate that people can do this in other games, and for obvious reasons we all know why it would be bad for this game.