PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect when locking phone

BooDro82
06-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Is the game supposed to disconnect from the client when you lock phone or go back to home menu?
if i respond to a text, check email, etc...then go right back to game it will disconnect.
just wanted to know if this is a bug or intentional

zarkwizard
06-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Is the game supposed to disconnect from the client when you lock phone or go back to home menu?
if i respond to a text, check email, etc...then go right back to game it will disconnect.
just wanted to know if this is a bug or intentional

Basically what happens in iOS cuts the TCP/IP connection for any background activity unless it's a VoIP connection. In the release we have uploaded to apple it will automatically reconnect back to the server when you exit while playing the game. This makes it easier to background while still following the rules outlined by apple.

Since we aren't your typical web based MMO, and our backend is a real MMO system we can't just simply reconnect right back to the server. A user must go through the login, and select servers before they get to the game server. As I said above I did the best I could by automating the process so it's easier for people to connect right back in to the game.

This actually had a side benefit of giving us the ability to allow a server selection in the settings menu so if you want to change games quickly you can just select another server while you are in one game and it will quickly connect you in to the other game without having to actually go to the login screen.

Hopefully this answers the question.

BooDro82
06-04-2012, 07:30 PM
yes, it does...thank you for the quick reply..im really hooked on this game :)