PDA

View Full Version : Release Date?

Chameleon
03-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Are you still on schedule to release within the next few days?

zarkwizard
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
We are currently trying to see if we can get more keys from Apple for a much larger beta.

To be honest we are thinking realistically it'll probably be the end of April. We would like to make sure we have a polished game, rather than rush something out. We have a meeting with Apple tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well so we can then invite all the forum members in to the beta (assuming we get enough keys). We would really like more feed back from people to make sure the game is fluid and easy enough to pick up and play.

Another reason for the delay is this month we decided to put in a much more visual version of combat. It was something we were going to delay until the next version, but we just felt it needed to be there, so we have been working on that. It's looking like the code should be wrapping up this week for that. Although combat display wouldn't stop us from going in to a larger beta assuming we get the keys.

I'll talk with Lee today and see if I can get him to post some of the battle shots. At any rate we will probably post something more formal after the meeting with Apple.

Regards.

lordxorn
03-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I am eagerly awaiting the release of this one!

Darkmark
03-29-2011, 12:35 AM
This is good news, good luck and take your time. Even if we need to wait 3 more months and get a stable, polish, fun and addictive game it is worth it.

Chameleon
03-29-2011, 04:31 AM
I hope the meeting with apple went well, it would be great to be invited to beta :)

I agree with Darkmark, having a better initial release is well worth the extra time.

Thanks for the update

Jedi Knife
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
This is my first post- please forgive my lack of formal introduction but I have just got to throw my support in, here in this thread. I too have been eagerly awaiting this game since I heard about it and have been wondering about the release date. I wish you much success and offer my DOD (day one download) support, for what it is worth.

zarkwizard
03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Meeting with Apple was moved to Thursday. I spoke with Lee yesterday, and he is waiting till after the meeting with Apple to post something formal. Just so we know for sure what our plans are. Hopefully it goes well, we would really like a decent sized beta pool for test other than the 20 or so people we have testing currently.

While we have run bots testing connections for load and demand, nothing replaces real people playing the game. Having the game in the hands of a few hundred people would go a long way to making the game better. After all who better to help us shape the game than the people playing it. We are certainly looking forward to feedback from everyone.

I'll see if I can get Lee to post some of the mock-ups, and screen shots.. just to tease you all. :)

Trom
03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
I am certainly looking forward to the release of this. I am willing to wait a bit longer for a more polished game however :)

Spartanius
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
If you can get as many keys as you like are there that many people here on the forums to give you a few hundred beta testers?

zarkwizard
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
No, there aren't enough people on these forums (yet).. We will distribute them through various strategy game sites, and other iPhone based gaming forums. Usually it's not hard to get a beta testing audience. Core fans usually sign up to a forum before a release. I can say there are always plenty of lurkers reading the forums just watching for information.

If we don't end up with the extra keys we'll have to make due with what we have and focus on the core people that are active on the forums here, and those that are on the Facebook Fan site.

Cheerio
03-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I have to admit I'm one of those lurkers you just mentioned :)
I'm really excited about this game and have been following it since I heard about it. I though I should put in an appearance especially since I'd feel like it was Christmas if I managed to end up on a beta list!

Hope the meeting goes well on Thursday and now that I've finally registered, I'll probably be somewhat active on the forums

zarkwizard
03-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the fray... It'll be like Christmas for us as well.. We are looking forward to having this baby.. :) It's be a long time in the making. More like the gestation of an Elephant though.. so I guess baby elephant would be what we were looking forward to..

Spartanius
03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Meeting with Apple was moved to Thursday. I spoke with Lee yesterday, and he is waiting till after the meeting with Apple to post something formal. So how did the meeting go? :D

Cheerio
03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
No pressure :p
Not like were waiting for Santa to come flying around flinging handfuls of beta codes to people in the streets

Spartanius
03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
No pressure :p
Not like were waiting for Santa to come flying around flinging handfuls of beta codes to people in the streets No, of course not... I am waiting for zarkwizard to come flying around flinging a few beta codes to people in the forums :P

Cheerio
03-31-2011, 04:55 PM
No, of course not... I am waiting for zarkwizard to come flying around flinging a few beta codes to people in the forums :P

Naturally. We devoted forum stalkers are of the more realistic nature.

zarkwizard
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Meeting is 3pm PST. :)

Chameleon
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Meeting is 3pm PST. :)

Good luck again