PDA

View Full Version : Account & Payer names should be different

GeeWhiz
06-05-2012, 10:26 PM
I am thinking that as games start having winners it might be a good idea if player names did not match their account names. That way no can go gunning for the former winners etc.

ChickenHawk07
06-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I believe you can create different ones if you wish. Account name is not dependent on Player name.

GeeWhiz
06-06-2012, 12:43 AM
When the game starts? Did not notice, thanks

Tsagoth
06-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Yes, the game names are not the account names, unless you choose it that way.

JetJaguar2000
06-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Where can you pick a different game name? If you create a new "character" you have to buy a new subscription to play with it. Am I missing something?

ChickenHawk07
06-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Where can you pick a different game name? If you create a new "character" you have to buy a new subscription to play with it. Am I missing something?

Yeah, you'll probably have to get a new Character. I know when you set up a new account you do account name first then it asks you for your character name. I picked both as the same.

Leedot
06-06-2012, 02:16 AM
The character name is different from the account name but you can't currently change your character name per game.

Tsagoth
06-06-2012, 02:21 AM

No, at the moment there is no way for players to change their game names. Prior to our first rejection the whole account/character system was different. In changing everything to try and get approved, renaming an existing character just got overlooked. I'm sure we'll get to it at some point.

If you really want a name change, file a bug report and tell me what you want. I don't believe it will change in any existing games, only in new ones.

GeeWhiz
06-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks, for the confirmation.

Good to know that game names will be able to be changed in the future.

I think I will use Ubernoober one day.

:cool:

Noah David
06-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Honestly... account names to be changed to "email addresses" I made my account name thinking it was going to be my character name. I'd change it if I could, but I can't...