PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Orbital

Supamand
06-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Does stealth orbital skill works as described?
Because if I read it correctly, it says that orbitals can attack and have a 10% + 10%/rank to remain unseen. So at rank 9, you would have 100% chance.

Now does remain unseen is the same as "can't be attacked"?

If that's the way it works, I think it's fair considering amount of time would require to train it up. But I am concerned the impact in the new combat system. As discussed before, the enemy would have to kill all the orbitals before being able to attack a planet. If that's the case then the planet would pretty much be invulnerable, unless the attacker can counter with the Clocking skill.

Leedot
06-06-2012, 04:31 AM
That is how it currently works, yes - very powerful but also requires a lot research and can be countered by someone else who has cloaking tech.

We're still discussing how cloaking / stealth orbitals will work in the new system but the two current thoughts are that either stealth orbitals grants a free attack before combat, or the attacker has to make a roll to see if they can target the stealth orbital every round of combat.

For stealth ships the thought is that it acts as an initiative bonus for the first round of combat. (It only applies to the first round since they'd have to come out of stealth once they started fighting.)