PDA

View Full Version : trading in a fleet

Supamand
06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Has anyone tried trading wile having your trade ship in a fleet?
If that works, would you be able to gang up like 10 harvesters in 1 fleet and have them all engaged in the trade?

ChickenHawk07
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm still not sure if this actually works, as you can't see what a fleet is carrying. And I highly doubt you'd be able to do a trade with a fleet.

WhiteLion
06-07-2012, 01:50 AM
I've been emptying out planets like nobodies business by stacking my harvesters.

Once I empty out a planet I set one on auto and begin a regular route with just that one. Thus minimizing colony resource loss in the event of a capture. The fleet of harvesters then make their way to the next big payload and rinse repeat.

As for trading… my understanding is that only 1 ship can be assigned to a planet, thus I believe one of three things should happen:

1. Game gives error and asks to disband fleet in order to trade.
2. One of the harvesters makes the trade, the rest stay empty… thus wasting time when they could be put to better use.
3. It bugs and they all load up on the trade.

Either way, until I can inspect the cargo of a ship I won't be the guy trying to figure this one out.

If anyone knows, I'd love to know.

shadowkhai
06-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Well trading only allows one ship to trade between two specific planets. There's a current bug that won't allow you to set up additional trade routes to your other planets from a partners planet without waiting a day or so.

I believe currently if you trade out of a fleet of trade vehicles it sets one of them on the trade route after which (when it's eventually fixed) you could select the fleet and set up another route to another of your planets for the next one and etc.

I haven't verified this yet however.