PDA

View Full Version : Trade Statistics

AntiHaze
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I have A LOT of trade routes now, and it would be nice to see what each player is actually earning me. This would be most helpful for traders, but also for warlords and researchers as well.

What I propose is having another tab added to the Relations menu called "Trade". It would list all the players you currently trade with, and some sort of periodical average rate that tells you your income from each player.

For Example:

Player A: 40ku CO/day, 1ku RO/day
Player B: 20ku CO/day, 2ku RO/day
Player C: 2ku CO/day, 50u RO/day
and so on and so forth.

You could sort the menu by most CO or RO earned per day, hour, or whatever measure is most relevant. There could also be an option which would either show you the base rate for trade, and the amount that is actually earned due to the enhancing or degrading effects of Contracts Management, Counterfeiting, etc.

This menu could also be reversed, to show you how much ore is going to the other player.

These changes would be useful for a number of reasons:

1. You know that Player A is another trader, so maybe you should hold off establishing any more trade routes with him and focus on creating trade routes with someone who is not trying to get a trader win
2. Player C isn't earning you much, so maybe sending a Freighter to his planet isn't worth the cost.
3. Player C isn't earning you much, so maybe you should just kill him and take his planet to set up more lucrative trade routes
4. Player B is earning you lots of money, so maybe you shouldn't kill him YET and get a fair bit of RO from him so you can build those planet killers and solar taps
5. Player A is your biggest trade partner, but he has maxed out counterfeiting and you're not making a dime off him, so putting a few more points into contracts management would be wise

Some other statistics to consider adding (and I'm sure I've mentioned some of these in other threads before):
1. How many trade routes you have set up with that player
2. Average income per route
3. Average income per sector traveled
4. Income earned per colony of yours/of theirs

VanderLegion
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I like this idea, but first we need a better way to see what trade routes we actually have set up. I've pretty much given up on playing my trader on Aruru because 1) the fact that I still can't set up trade routes from one other players planet to multiple of my planets (which is my understanding of what you SHOULD be able to do), since after I set up the first route there's no option to set up any others, and 2) because the only way to tell if I have trade routes set up is to look at the destination planets and pick out all the ones from there, or go into the ai ships tab and look at it there, then figure out what planets I have routes set up with, then go figure out WHERE those planets are, then go looking around to figure out what other planets I DON'T have trade routes set up with yet so I can create em.

AntiHaze
06-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I like this idea, but first we need a better way to see what trade routes we actually have set up. I've pretty much given up on playing my trader on Aruru because 1) the fact that I still can't set up trade routes from one other players planet to multiple of my planets (which is my understanding of what you SHOULD be able to do), since after I set up the first route there's no option to set up any others, and 2) because the only way to tell if I have trade routes set up is to look at the destination planets and pick out all the ones from there, or go into the ai ships tab and look at it there, then figure out what planets I have routes set up with, then go figure out WHERE those planets are, then go looking around to figure out what other planets I DON'T have trade routes set up with yet so I can create em.

I can't say I blame you... I've had to set up a spreadsheet and get REALLY good at reading the coordinates (which is difficult because they are off by 1 on the listing next to the planet). It also doesn't help that the planet information isn't available when you aren't there, but I've complained enough about that on other threads.

VanderLegion
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I can't say I blame you... I've had to set up a spreadsheet and get REALLY good at reading the coordinates (which is difficult because they are off by 1 on the listing next to the planet). It also doesn't help that the planet information isn't available when you aren't there, but I've complained enough about that on other threads.

Yah, I'm playing on Ninhursag as a trader and I'm doing the same thing. I just already had so many trade routes etc set up on Aruru that I didn't feel like going through them all and figuring out where they were going to create a spreadsheet there. I might go do it soon, I've been keeping up with what I have on the server, just haven't been setting up new trade routes etc. The coordinates setup don't bother me in the slightest, since I'm a programmer myself so I'm used to looking at everything from 0-whatever instead of starting at 1. I actually didn't think about the fact that it could be confusing for other people...

AntiHaze
06-06-2012, 05:48 PM
The coordinates setup don't bother me in the slightest, since I'm a programmer myself so I'm used to looking at everything from 0-whatever instead of starting at 1. I actually didn't think about the fact that it could be confusing for other people...

Ahh. My background is in economics and accounting, so I like when things are efficient and match lol

zarkwizard
06-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Out of curiosity do you guys have a spread sheet or something you are using specifically? I'd be curious to see how you are managing it. We would like a better way to show you this information, if you guys have some ideas on exactly what you are looking for we would really love the input.

One of the things we were discussing in our meeting the other day was how to present information, without things getting any more cluttered than they are.

VanderLegion
06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Right now I just set up a spreadsheet on google docs. I made the cells all squares, I put a C in a system where I have a colony, O if I have an outpost (or multiple outposts) with no colony. P in a square where there's another player where I don't have a planet and I'm not trading with them, T in a system where I'm trading with a colony in the system, A for anomaly, eventually there'll be E if they're embargoing me so I can't trade, W for war, etc.

Eventually I might modify it to add more info, player name, etc.

Noah David
06-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Here's what I'd like to know...

If I'm trading with two people... Adam and Bill, I want to know how much CO and RO I've obtained from each of them today, this week, and since the beginning of time.

Just a simple table like this which is sortable by each column:

PLAYERS | TODAY | WEEK | ALL
ADAM | 100/5 | 800/45 | 3200/150
BILL | 1000/35 | 4500/160 | 10350/800

Make sense?

AntiHaze
06-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Out of curiosity do you guys have a spread sheet or something you are using specifically? I'd be curious to see how you are managing it. We would like a better way to show you this information, if you guys have some ideas on exactly what you are looking for we would really love the input.

One of the things we were discussing in our meeting the other day was how to present information, without things getting any more cluttered than they are.

I sent you a PM with the link

AntiHaze
06-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Here's what I'd like to know...

If I'm trading with two people... Adam and Bill, I want to know how much CO and RO I've obtained from each of them today, this week, and since the beginning of time.

Just a simple table like this which is sortable by each column:

PLAYERS | TODAY | WEEK | ALL
ADAM | 100/5 | 800/45 | 3200/150
BILL | 1000/35 | 4500/160 | 10350/800

Make sense?

Yeah, like a breakdown of the info in the "Progress" tab.

Noah David
06-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, like a breakdown of the info in the "Progress" tab.That would be the ideal location for this. Let me click on the "progress" bar, and show me the above information in a nice clean sortable table. Oh, and maybe a 5th column that shows how long I've been trading with said person in days.