PDA

View Full Version : Win Condition

TopherW
06-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi all,
I was reading another area of the forum where there was a discussion on different win conditions and that currently the model doesn't necessarily force communication. I have a general idea but the concept is stolen from Master of Orion (with me adding some adjustments for this game).

What if there were a fourth option which is a Global Council which occurs every week or two. In that council everyone in the server has a vote they can cast for who they think the party in charge should be (they can also abstain). It is anonymous and you don't see the vote count until you vote. Everyone who votes for the winner is part of the winning "team". I was thinking about a President but that still forces only one winner whereas this would allow for much more of a team game. In case you couldn't tell I tend to prefer team battles over single player conflicts.

Not sure if that is possible but I could see that resulting in people trying a lot of diplomacy and working in groups to get as many votes as possible. Could also spur fights between groups more than trading/research would do. I could see some impressive team battles in that situation as well. If wiping out one person results in the drop needed to get your team to 50% there could be huge back and forths. I see this resulting in the potential for a quicker game but I think I would have a blast playing this.

Once again maybe completely impossible but my two cents.

Chris

Wrath
06-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I think the intent of the game was so that people would work together for most of the game, in whatever type of alliance you wanted, then near the end the strongest players would then turn on each other for a sole winner, kinda like the Survivor reality tv show, I guess.

I wouldn't mind a team format at all (which I also prefer), such as putting all Traders vs all Researchers vs all Warlords and having to meet a cumulative goal for a win condition, with the person contributing the most for your team being the overall winner, or maybe something like that. Of course, no idea how this would work out, but I'd be curious to see which skill set would win. :)

zarkwizard
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
This has been discussed internally before. We thought about doing something where people could vote to end the game.

Balian
06-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I would like to see some more diplomatic options like alliances or so forth, something that could allow combined fleets and chat rooms, though I feel that in the end only one person should be able to win and that the rewards for doing so should be substantial enough to encourage alliance infighting towards the conclusion of the game.

Noah David
06-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Perhaps the winner of each "server" earns 7 days of free game time tacked onto their account?

Leedot
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Chris -

We have talked in the past of implementing something similar and I do agree that it would be a lot of fun to play. At the moment we're focusing on tuning the games current mechanics but this is something I'd definitely like to look into down the road.

-

Heh, I'd had this thread open to respond to it the other day but got side tracked so the above response was written out of the context of any other posts.

TopherW
06-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi Leedot,
Thank you for the time. Understood. Plus, you are getting a ton of these suggestions and I do know with a lot of other iOS games it can take a few months before all the little things get figured out and you can start expanding the ideas you originally implemented. I look forward to where this game grows to in the coming months.

Chris