PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace physics not working

Corinthian
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Ok so I'm thinking that there is a bug here but not really sure since I don't really know how these things are supposed to work...
I spent 2 days researching hyperspace physics so that I might explore the big "anomaly" in the centre if the galaxy only to see my ships still vanish when it enters one of those centre grids... Is that not a black hole?? If not, what do I need to research so you can go in there?? Please explain.
Thanks

Royce
06-08-2012, 08:48 AM
The big anomalies are rumored to be aliens, while single sector anomalies are black holes.

Balian
06-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Aliens!!! Would be so cool if they were ai controlled and invaded people, taking over.

Tsagoth
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
You have to reach a certain level of trained skillpoints to survive.

SG7
06-08-2012, 04:29 PM
You have to reach a certain level of trained skillpoints to survive.

Could you explain what does it mean? Do I have to research more levels for Hyperspace physics? My probes got smothered on the edge of alien haven.

Corinthian
06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I get that you guys want to keep some things secret but there is a difference between cool surprises and intolerably frustrating misinformation. These research upgrades take a LONG time and upgrading hyperspace physics talks about a speed advantage, not a better survival chance. The description for the tech reads as a all-or nothing. You either live.... Or you don't...
What level do I need to research to to explore the centre portion?
Can we get a clear description of the tech?
No need to reveal surprises, Just the facts pls :)

Tsagoth
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
There is no specific skill or a particular rank of a skill or that you have to have a specific skill at a certain Tier. When you have enough skills trained at whatever ranks, such that your combined skill "points" are a certain number, then you will survive the center squares. I don't know what the actual points value is. You either need a lot of low level skills, or you need a few high-ranked ones. What number represents "a lot" or "a few" is unknown to me. On the server displays I would see it as you being Tech Level 6. I don't know if we display that value anywhere on the client or not.

Leedot
06-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Nevermind - Tsagoth answered while I was answering.

SG7
06-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you for clarification.
At the client side there is a Player Details table. Skill Details section display Skills and Skill Pls(?): My skills value is 302 ATM. I let you guys know when I can enter.

Corinthian
06-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Ok, thanks for the info as well. My "skills" = 349 and my "skill pts" = 20. No idea how these numbers are generated but I too will let you know when I can enter the zone.