PDA

View Full Version : Better probes..

Strongbad
06-10-2012, 06:55 AM
We need better probes, how about a mk II version that can give us status of whole system without landing at planets.. Right now they are kind of useless eventually

TheWhiteLights
06-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Why? So you can see what I have?

Actually, that does sound like a good idea so we can see what others have too so we know what to attack with. Right now, a probe will be obliterated once it enters the planet that has defenses, especially against warring players.

Strongbad
06-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I think it would enforce trying to control your space a bit more.if you wanna hide your fleet at a planet, do so, but I will get mah intel.

TheWhiteLights
06-10-2012, 10:46 AM
You go get yer intel then and I will get mine. :)

Strongbad
06-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Read thy inbox

Royce
06-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Why? So you can see what I have?

Actually, that does sound like a good idea so we can see what others have too so we know what to attack with. Right now, a probe will be obliterated once it enters the planet that has defenses, especially against warring players.

This wouldn't stop that. Players could just park a ship at the sun, and your probe would be instantly vaporized. I do like this idea, but I also think we need either probe logs (so we could see what they encountered before being destroyed), or stealth probes that can't be seen or attacked, but self destruct in a day or so maybe.

Leedot
06-10-2012, 07:40 PM
We're looking into expanding the default visibility range so if you have a ship in a system it can see everything in that system already. As for stealth probes you can make those already if you've researched the stealth technology in the science tree.