PDA

View Full Version : So what exactly happens if/when you lose your Homeworld?

Nateo
06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I noticed some (possibly) buggy behavior after I believe I took someone's homeworld and submitted a bug report. However, it did get me to thinking, what exactly happens if you lose your homeworld for 24 hours? The youtube video guide mentions that your planets stop producing resources during that 24 window, and that you are eliminated if you do not retake your homeworld after 24 hours. What does this elimination look like?

1) Are you automatically removed from that server (ie, no longer able to join that server)?

2) Do other players (and/or your attacker) get any notification when this 24-hour window has passed?

3) What happens to your other planets/orbitals/ships in-game? (ie, do you still show up on the galaxy list, do your other planets/orbitals/ship just sit idle or do they still carry out actions like defending when at-war?)

4) If your HW gets PK'd, does all of this happen instantly or do you get any type of notification as a player as to what happened?

SG7
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Good questions. Re 3) It looks like other players' colonies would still belong to the player who lost the homeworld. Looks like a bug.

SG7
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Could anyone confirm that after homeworld is lost and 24h pass other colonies/outpost will still be alive?

Tsagoth
06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
The player's remaining assets remain under his control. We had a few discussions about what to do with the remaining assets, ranging from deleting them to turning them over to AI control. We didn't implement anything, so for now the player can still roam around and possibly be a nuisance.

SG7
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Ok! Thank you clarification!

Nateo
06-12-2012, 09:21 PM
We didn't implement anything, so for now the player can still roam around and possibly be a nuisance.

So basically the only purpose of taking (and holding) another player's homeworld is to remove that player's ability to "win" the game?

This, while pretty much guaranteeing that if this player wants to be a "nuisance" it will be on your behalf?

You should probably update your tutorial to clarify what it actually means to be "eliminated" by losing your homeworld.

As a side note: the tutorial also mentions that planets under a player's control when they lose their homeworld stop producing resources. Judging from your response (and very brief exposure to this situation), I'm not quite sure that these planets actually stop producing resources. Can you confirm that this is intended? And if so, that should also be adjusted on the tutorial :)

SG7
06-13-2012, 12:47 AM
So basically the only purpose of taking (and holding) another player's homeworld is to remove that player's ability to "win" the game?

Even this is questionable. If the player can continue by having other productive colonies he still can fulfill win conditions.

Nateo
06-13-2012, 04:06 PM
My assumption was that then the only meaning to "eliminated" was that, no matter what you do even if you fulfill win conditions, if you have lost your homeworld, you won't actually be considered for the "win". (But again, I obviously don't know this to be fact either....)