PDA

View Full Version : Fleets

Marked
06-13-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm wondering where we are with fleets? I seem to remember that their was some problems with fleets and combat. Did that get resolved and is it in the current game.

I ask because I sent two dreadnoughts with 35 battlecruisers against a colony that had 15 fighters and lost. I sent them in as a fleet. Now barring stealth orbitals I would have thought that I would have won. But all ships were destroyed and the colony wasn't mine.

Without battle notifications i'm feeling a little lost.

So are fleets fixed? Should I not be using fleets for combat? Is their going to be a notification in the battle message that stealth orbitals were in play.

I just have no idea what is happening in my battles unless I'm the winner.

Tsagoth
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
If the planet had a decent population, it could have killed all your ships. Combat for fleets should work.

catswift
06-13-2012, 08:29 PM
if you are fighting a colony with any kind of population at all, you are going to need a heck of a lot more ships than that. Especially if they are already at war with you, and they get the over-powered "first strike".

SG7
06-14-2012, 01:29 AM
@Marked - for small naked colony of 400Mu you need 232 battleships. What you have used was simple not enough.

Marked
06-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Alright thanks guys. What about battle notifications? What info will they give you. Will you have an idea if stealth orbitals are being used?