PDA

View Full Version : Terraforming

Xexist
06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Are terraform ships a 1 time use item only? I terraformed a useless planet I had a colony on just to test the thing out.. Apparently I cant cancel it once its started, nor can I move the ship after I have terraformed a planet?

If so... completely useless. Is this as intended or just a bug?

SG7
06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
You can cancel and you can move it to a different location. It is very useful ship.

Xexist
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
You can cancel and you can move it to a different location. It is very useful ship.

Okay, tell me how?

*edit*

Okay the not moving thing must have been a glitch, one of them is accepting commands again, however I still see no way to cancel terraforming once started.

JetJaguar2000
06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I have experienced some strange behavior with the Terraformer as well. I haven't checked recently, but when I first built one, I was unable to move it unless I put it in a fleet first (even just a fleet by itself).

SG7
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
True! Putting it as a fleet itself does the trick.

Xexist
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I have experienced some strange behavior with the Terraformer as well. I haven't checked recently, but when I first built one, I was unable to move it unless I put it in a fleet first (even just a fleet by itself).

While we are on the subject, and assuming we can move them freely about and terraform our planets..

What is the most effective usage of these? Which planets should I focus on?

JetJaguar2000
06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
I just sent mine around to terraform all my colonies. Takes bloody forever, I'm not sure this tech is really worth researching.

Strongbad
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Not sure what it does since planetology increases population size without much else than just the tech

JetJaguar2000
06-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Well, it increases the base population level supported by the planet, but so far I don't see the point of increased population. At best you get one more factory slot, but who cares? The standard 400mu colony is already powerful enough to withstand anything that most players are going to muster.

Mablung
06-15-2012, 12:14 AM
I've been terraforming gas giants and colonizing them in order to make them harder to capture. All those people make good defense!

Supamand
06-15-2012, 03:48 AM
I thought u couldn't colonies gas planets? A bug?

harlan
06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I wonder if future builds of the game will make it so that the appearance of a planet changes according to its terraform level (like in MOO2)

BAC33
06-29-2012, 02:56 PM

I stumbled upon this too. If it is Terraforming it will not want to move to another planet, but you can tell it to move to an open hex near the sun. After that it will accept commands to go anywhere you want.