PDA

View Full Version : Very slow when on 3G

ColonelKendric
06-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi,

I'm playing on my iPad 1 and tried to do that when not at home as well by my 3G.

Unfortunately, systems and contained ship load very, very slow, making you consider an app crash, a major bug or just reload the system you're in to check if it's now there and responding.

As I don't think that the graphics are streamed, it would be great to take a look at the priority of data and move coordinates right behind planetary data (which is working fine!). That way building wouldn't be bound to problems while being mobile.

Thx in advance!

Royce
06-15-2012, 10:27 AM
You should probably mention what server you're on. I don't think it's a typical issue. I play on iPad 2 on 3G all the time and it's usually quite snappy unless there is a server issue.

Balian
06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Sure you are on a 3G connection? For example I have sprint and when I lived in Ohio a while back my 4s would fully utilize both 3g connections and speed was never an issue, but I've moved to Washington and the speed here is pathetic and I'm fairly sure the cause is a limited 3g, but primarily 2g connection in the area. Anywgo download the speed test.net app Nd see what your network is producing.

ColonelKendric
06-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Right, I play on server Nanna. And I'm sure it's 3G, as everything else is loading pretty fast. Nets are sometimes a bit slower here in Germany, but generally I don't have any connection problems.