PDA

View Full Version : fleet battles?

WhiteLion
06-17-2012, 05:56 AM
How do you attack an enemy fleet with your own when they're not in a planet orbit??

There's an enemy fleet in my galaxy and it'll eventually attack my outposts. I want to attack it first before it gets that far. I can't seem to do this.

Royce
06-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Last I heard, combat at a star was bugged and doesn't work. I don't know if it was fixed yet, but I think not. The best you can do is make sure you are set to war with them so you get first strike if they attack.

WhiteLion
06-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I guess I'll just have to hope he tries to take all the outposts an attacks the one with my fleet in it.

So this also means that if I want to kill this player (I'm like 10x stronger than him). I can't surround his home world with fleets to create a true embargo?

The idea is that I want to stop him from harassing me. I want to take my fleets and trash his home galaxy an then keep him under siege until I build enough to destroy his home world. He has no colonies just his home world and no outposts. I've destroyed all his fleets and ships. He's a fish in a barrel.

Currently the game mechanics look like he can create fleets(they're protected in his home world orbit) and keep sending then out because I can't attack his fleets unless they're in an orbit... Is this correct?

ChickenHawk07
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
You could send in a suicide squad and hope to just take out his Shipyard. That'll at least slow him down for 24 hours.

Tsagoth
06-18-2012, 03:26 AM
You should be able to fight at the sun now.

ChickenHawk07
06-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Oh yeah? Sweet! Going to have try this

WhiteLion
06-19-2012, 04:22 AM
I tried to do this on Ningal and suddenly server is down lol.

Hope I don't come back to missing ships lol.

Parsons
06-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Yeah ningal keeps screwing up. I've got a large battle fleet on its way to attack. Every time the server comes back up I try to check on the fleet. Its only one sector from the planet of attack but has been there for going on two hours now. I'll check the fleet screen, it shows it one moment then the next it says I have no fleets. Really hope four days of building doesn't vanish while crossing galaxy boundaries. May be last bug I can deal with before I take a break.

ChickenHawk07
06-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Ningal has been really slow today. I've been posting updates in the Server status.

WhiteLion
06-20-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm starting to get really annoyed with the lack of certain features. Basically just got steam rolled by someone because it's impossible to get intel or contain a person from spreading their ships across the galaxy. I'm offline for a few hours and several outposts are taken.

It's basically a large battle of who can WASTE more resources… guess what… the merchant can! Warlord is really at a significant disadvantage early on without stronger mid tier ships.

destrkta
06-21-2012, 02:24 AM
White lion you were beaten by a warlord, your issue is your inefficient...

WhiteLion
06-21-2012, 02:44 AM
haha, our game is a different issue. You're right I was being completely inefficient. I see that I also researched many wrong skills as a warlord. I also suspect you're more skilled and put in many (many many many!) more hours into the game than I have. Nothing wrong with that, it's how you become good and win.

Our game isn't the only one I'm playing, and no I'm not winning any of them lol.

destrkta
06-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Though I maybe done now, lost 300 ships including dreds to a dirty trick... Wish i could see planet details from the star...

WhiteLion
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
You lost 300 from me?

destrkta
06-22-2012, 05:45 AM
No idea who it was random planet I thought was an output turned out to be a colony.... who builds 2 colonies win in the 1 system....

WhiteLion
06-23-2012, 12:33 AM
I did, just for that purpose. It's a saving grace with the current game mechanics… unless there's an orbital everyone assumes it's an outpost…. though I'm pretty sure you didn't lose your guys on me but one of the other dudes in the system. I still have one or two galaxies untouched i think..