PDA

View Full Version : Everything stored online?

Jedi Knife
03-29-2011, 06:53 AM
I a just wondering if everything will be stored on the server side- I would be great to play this on my iPhone when I am out an then fire up the iPad at the crib to enjoy in big screen splendor. I am thinking this will be possible, but welcome any confirmation on it. Thanks!

zarkwizard
03-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Yes. The game is designed so you can swap between iDevices easily. This allows you to log in from any device, even a friends and your game will be downloaded to you, so you can pick up where you left off. I often comment in meetings that the device has the memory of a goldfish.

This was actually done for several reasons. The biggest reason is so you can do exactly what you are talking about, play on the go on your phone/touch when you are out, then when you get home be able to play on your iPad. Sit down in front of the TV and take a good look at your empire. The other thing we were looking to avoid is things like map hacks so people could expose the entire 90,000 sector map. With the current design it isn't possible, since the phone has no concept of anything in unexplored space, other than it being unexplored. We wanted to do everything we could to make sure it's a fair, and fun game for all.

We have a specific iPad version that will be release after we go live with the phone/touch version. It supports menus sliding out from the side and a much bigger map view. So you have a dual view on the iPad, which makes it a lot nicer. I know I'm looking forward to playing on the iPad version. I'm not going to complain about the smaller phone/touch version, the UI is pretty slick (in my humble opinion) and very easy to move around your Empire.

We are looking forward to playing it ourselves. :)

Jedi Knife
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Can't wait! Thanks for the info.