PDA

View Full Version : Problem, not sure what to think

2pourdrummer
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I ran into a problem yesterday. I spent three days building a fleet to expand to another part of the galaxy. I sent out probes and found a few places that looked promising. That took a week prior to the build. I built the fleet, sent it to one of the sectors and then noticed that one a few sectors down seemed better, so I sent my fleet there. I get a report that I lost my entire fleet, not one ship, the entire fleet to an anomaly. Here's my problem. Let's say I accept that I want to spend major time trying to figure out how to move my fleet down probe lines paths. Say I want to get a degree in mathematics to determine the sector that I lost the fleet. I have no way to mark it. So I colonize and start expanding but guess what, I have to constantly keep in mind that one of the sectors will cost me my ships. Not really sure the right one but could probably get it to a square or two. I have to constantly make sure my auto harvester routes don't end up there. Really? The game is complicated enough but now I have to make sure I route everything around it and any other ones I run across, without knowing where they are at all times to boot. Has anyone else experienced this? I get losing probes, that's fine. But an entire fleet of ships that took days and tons of ore to build. I really like the game but that might be the final straw for me. I have a hard enough time right now figuring out what is going on due to the lack of high level reporting but when I have to fight the game as well as everyone else, I'm not sure how fun it will be. Has anyone else experienced this and what have you done about it. I love the potential of the game but not sure now.

VanderLegion
06-18-2012, 09:50 PM
It takes a little while, but it's actually possible to figure out where the anomaly is. If you select a square from the map, explored squares show some info about it, but if it's an anomaly, while you can't normally tell from looking if you've explored around it, it'll still say unexplored sector when you select it.

2pourdrummer
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Finding it is the easiest part, keeping them all in your head and routing around them is the problem.

Leedot
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
We'll look into making a specific marker for space anomolies so once you've encountered one you'll at least know where to avoid.

VanderLegion
06-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Finding it is the easiest part, keeping them all in your head and routing around them is the problem.

Agreed. There really needs to be something set up so your ships know to avoid anomalies. I've had trade routes/harvesting routes that I literally could not use because there was an anomaly in between the two systems that my ships would just blindly fly into, even though I knew it was there. It's one thing if you lose your fleet because you sned them on a path you haven't explored, but if you already have it explored...

ChickenHawk07
06-18-2012, 11:34 PM
I just set up another outpost above or below the the anomaly if my harvesters are going to travel through a known area with anomalies. So I harvest, drop off at the "waypoint planet" and then pick it up from the Colony route. Requires more ships, but avoids the anomalies.

Marked
06-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Well unless or until you have space anomalyies other than black holes the easiest thing would be to have the black hole show once you lose a ship into one. I would assume a ship or probe could get at least a message off once it sees said black hole.

I noticed that they dont show up unless you have ran into it and have hyperspace physics researched. So unless there is another reason just take the hyperspace physics requirement off for them being displayed once they are run into.