PDA

View Full Version : Aruru: Post mortem

VaporKnight
06-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

Just curious are we going to ever see detailed stats for Aruru? Took me 2 days just to realize the game was over because there is nothing in game to tell you... I just can't log in anymore (seriously?).

I know it was posted that SG7rex won and that is fantastic for him! How did the rest of us do though? That was a huge time sink and now we're left with nothing?

I'd like to see how the 3 classes balanced out. I had the second highest score for most of the server's run (Behind Raven before SG7rex caught up). I'm pretty sure Raven and SG7rex were researchers. Did any traders do well? I'm a bit concerned though because despite having as many freighters as I could manage without being online 24-7 (was checking in every hour or so and setting up new trade routes) I was still at 0% of trader win conditions. My trade amount counter only started to count a few weeks in though.

Can we see a detailed server log with some dev commentary explaining the results or something? I can't see myself spending that much time on this again to not get any feedback at all.

Thoughts?

-VK

zarkwizard
06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
We are working on putting something together. in the case of Aruru it got a little mucked up. We have all the details for the game. The issue was when we did the restart on Aruru in the beginning. We will try to get these out in the very near future.

Tsagoth
06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
There is 358GB of server logs for Aruru. I don't think anyone has the time to go through that and produce some kind of play-by-play of how things unfolded. I might be able to extract some basic stats for things like ships built, trades and ore mined for example but that would be about it.

ravenzachary
06-25-2012, 02:23 PM
How about end scores top ten players?

VaporKnight
06-25-2012, 04:39 PM
There is 358GB of server logs for Aruru. I don't think anyone has the time to go through that and produce some kind of play-by-play of how things unfolded. I might be able to extract some basic stats for things like ships built, trades and ore mined for example but that would be about it.

Obviously a complete play-by-play is not what I'm looking for here. Just a summary of how things ended, what percent of class specific win conditions everyone had, ships built, trades and stuff like you suggested. Ideally we need to be able to learn what we did wrong so we could do better next time. How was score calculated? Clearly I was doing something wrong, but I have no idea what to fix for next time? Was I an absolutely terrible trader or did all the traders not do well?

Looking forward to whatever gets produced.

-VK

shadowkhai
06-27-2012, 02:56 AM
I want to say the last I checked (1-2 weeks before the win) I was just under a million points as a trader. I had 0% of either ore collected for win percentage and basically gave up once I realized there was no way I could get the trading going with setting up routes being bugged as it was.

SG7
06-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi all,

Just curious are we going to ever see detailed stats for Aruru? Took me 2 days just to realize the game was over because there is nothing in game to tell you... I just can't log in anymore (seriously?).

I know it was posted that SG7rex won and that is fantastic for him! How did the rest of us do though? That was a huge time sink and now we're left with nothing?

-VK

Very legit request! FINBit was very worthy opponent and it would be nice to see full stats for the 10 best ones.