PDA

View Full Version : Ninhursag victory

VanderLegion
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
I completed the win conditions for a warlord victory on Ninhursag (17 homeworlds destroyed) about 32 hours ago and the server is still running and shows no sign of a win. Sometime after I took homeworld #17 the victory condition actually changed to say 15 required for the win, which I had done at least several hours earlier. I've since captured a couple more and currently own 19 or 20 homeworlds, haven't lost any that I can see since I completed the win conditions, so shouldn't the game have ended and I won since I've held them all for over 24 hours?

Seldon
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
sorry vander but you just conquer the homew o destroyed with the planet killer? we have the same problem on mareth...

VanderLegion
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Just conquered it (I'm a trader). From the sounds of what I've seen on the forums, that SHOULD be all that's required (and it fulfills the conditions in the Progress tab)

romars
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
U are wrong Vander if u are trader u have another win conditions u should look were are trader % for win conditions, taking homeworlds are only for warlords

Seldon
06-25-2012, 04:58 PM
i suppose that if you are a trader the only way to win is with the trader winning conditions. in mareth a friend of mine is warlord and conquered as you more than 15 hw (but not destroyed) the system says he had won, but obviously not...it's a bug i guess

VanderLegion
06-25-2012, 05:02 PM
i suppose that if you are a trader the only way to win is with the trader winning conditions. in mareth a friend of mine is warlord and conquered as you more than 15 hw (but not destroyed) the system says he had won, but obviously not...it's a bug i guess

According to the devs you can meet any of the win conditions as any specialty (well, aside from collapsing stars since only researchers get the Core Tap i suppose), but it sounds like anyone should be able to get the warlord or trader (hah, yah right) victory conditions, or the artifacts held of course. Definitely sounds like a bug, any devs around to speak up/look into it?

VanderLegion
06-25-2012, 05:04 PM
U are wrong Vander if u are trader u have another win conditions u should look were are trader % for win conditions, taking homeworlds are only for warlords

Not according to the devs elsewhere on the forums. And if that's true, well trader victory conditions appear to be literally impossible to meet from what I've seen, so...

VanderLegion
06-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Also, SG7 won on Aruru by meeting the Planets Killed victory condition as a researcher, so that alone says other specialties can win the warlord victory and the planet killer is not required...

ChickenHawk07
06-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, you can win the game by completing any of the win conditions with any of the specialties.

Tsagoth
06-26-2012, 01:09 AM
The wins are bugged, I have a patch I am testing tonight.

Edit: Oh. Yes, conquer doesn't do it, the planets have to be killed. I wasn't reading closely.

VanderLegion
06-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Edit: Oh. Yes, conquer doesn't do it, the planets have to be killed. I wasn't reading closely.

That begs 2 questions then.
1) Why does it show progress toward a warlord win whenever you conquer a homeworld?
2) How on earth is someone supposed to get a warlord win without being a warlord? You guys have said on here that you odn't have to get your own specialty's victory, you can get others. But if you have to destroy homeworlds for warlord, that means only a warlord can do it as only they can build the planet killer. Only researchers can create solar core taps to make black holes to get their victory. That would basically mean anyone can get a trader victory (excluding the fact that NO one can get it because the requirements are ridiculously unbalanced), but traders can ONLY get their own victory or the artifacts. Also, that brings up the question of how SG7 was able to win on Aruru with the warlord victory as a researcher by capturing homeworlds...

ChickenHawk07
06-26-2012, 07:43 AM
The wins are bugged, I have a patch I am testing tonight.

Ummm yeah.… then why when you conquer a HW does it fulfill the PK win requirements in the Stats for both the Player PKs and the Win Requirements?

GeeWhiz
06-30-2012, 02:55 AM
What counts as a PK? I have 13 listed? I took over the HWs and it states PK. ITHOUGHT 18 worlds was win?

I was going behind Vanderbilt and grabbing whatever he took would that effect anything?

Lot of bugs I see too:

One panet took it over but it let me build battleships without a shipyard. After battleships were built it would not let e build anything with two of the factories. Very weird.

Hyperspace: got the tech but stil die when I go into those zones. Why?

My email not working on new iPad so cannot give bug reports.

VanderLegion
06-30-2012, 03:08 AM
What counts as a PK? I have 13 listed? I took over the HWs and it states PK. ITHOUGHT 18 worlds was win?

I was going behind Vanderbilt and grabbing whatever he took would that effect anything?
Apparently the progress display is bugged. You have to actually destroy the homeworlds with a planet killer for it to count, capturing it with other ships doesn't work, just has the display bugged to count em. And dunno who you were following behind and grabbing whatever they took, but it wasn't me (and I don't see a Vanderbilt on Ninhursag), I still have at least 17 homeworlds (didn't look close enough to see if I lost a couple past that), but I hadn't lost any until the last day or two when I went and scrapped all of the energy arrays I had built to defend em so i could build more battleships. Decided if I can't win by capturing homeworlds, I might as well just kill as much as I can in the meantime since I'll never be able to get the trader victory.

Lot of bugs I see too:
Hyperspace: got the tech but stil die when I go into those zones. Why?
Hyperspace only protects you from Black Holes around the galaxy. The Zone in the center of the galaxy isn't black holes, it's Aliens, and requires you to have a certain amount of research before you can get in (not a specific tech, just enough total research, dunno how much is needed).

GeeWhiz
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I was following Vanderbilt, he was naming each homeworld he took "homeworld 8" and so on :)

Thanks for hyperspace info.

I am done with this game until it improves drastically. Not only the balance issues but better admin aids too. The game really needs waypoints to send ships to rather than the manual method it uses now. Also a way to know who is getting close to victory.

Good luck to the dev team, I wish you the best.

VanderLegion
06-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I was following Vanderbilt, he was naming each homeworld he took "homeworld 8" and so on :)

Thanks for hyperspace info.

I am done with this game until it improves drastically. Not only the balance issues but better admin aids too. The game really needs waypoints to send ships to rather than the manual method it uses now. Also a way to know who is getting close to victory.

Good luck to the dev team, I wish you the best.

I see no player on Ninhursag named Vanderbilt. I was indeed using that naming for a lot of my homeworlds, but I've only lost 2 of them (one of them was indeed Homeworld 8), and that wasn't until well after I would have already won if capturing homeworlds counted for the win condition.

GeeWhiz
06-30-2012, 07:08 PM
sry meant Vanderbilt not Vanderbuilt.

WhiteLion
07-07-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm getting close to winning with solar taps… but the count doesn't seem to be working.

I think Prof X already solar tapped win conditions too.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more players who also solar tapped enough to win.

VanderLegion
07-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm getting close to winning with solar taps… but the count doesn't seem to be working.

This has already been discussed elsewhere. The reporting for the progress tab is broken so it shows you at 0/12, but the game actually DOES track how many you've created and you will win when you get enough.