PDA

View Full Version : Wastelands & Scrap Heaps

hunkydory
07-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I've tried looking for answers to these in the forums, but no luck....

1) When one scraps a ship, what % of resources is returned, and how long does it take for those resources to be returned?

2) My newest home system spawned in a great wasteland of empty sectors. Is it possible to start over on a server? 4 planet homeworld system; first possible expansion 3 planets adjacent to another player 7 sectors away; next available 2-world expansion 13 sectors away). This may not be the worst possible spawn (no ice planet!), but if the random universe generator puts people at this much of a disadvantage, there should be an option other than waiting for the next game to pop....

ChickenHawk07
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
No resources are recovered when scrapping a ship/orbital. They may add that ability in an upcoming update.

No way to give up planets yet (this will be added in the next update). Unfortunately, you're stuck where you are. You'll just need to research bigger harvesters and start bringing in resources from other sectors. Either by building outpost ships or by capturing other player's outposts. Obviously colonies are only created by making colony ships or by taking them from other players. You'll need about 15 cruisers to take a new colony under 10-12Mu.

BAC33
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
This happened to me in the Utu universe. After exploring about 5 or 6 lines of sectors and finding nothing. I just produced a few probes and sent them off to other galaxies. I found another sector in a denser galaxy that had three habitable planets. Once I colonized one of them I pretty much made that my new unofficial home world and started mining and building everything from that system. I only produced outpost ships at my original home world and claimed mining planets close to the new system until the new shipyard was complete. It was a set back of about 3 days I think before I could get a shipyard going there but things picked up quickly after that. There was almost no one in that galaxy and it had plenty of available planets.
I still class myself as having very little idea of what I'm doing. But don't despair, all is not lost.

hunkydory
07-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks--the tool tip for self-destruct "recover some resources" is quite misleading.

Appreciate the advice re: bad placement. Aggressive expansion it will have to be then :)

ChickenHawk07
07-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I think what they may have meant is more along the lines of "Recover Unit Allotment Space." but you are correct, it is misleading as it stands.

VanderLegion
07-01-2012, 09:48 PM
No resources are recovered when scrapping a ship/orbital. They may add that ability in an upcoming update.

That's actually incorrect, if you scrap a ship/orbital at a colony (or maybe an outpost, haven't tried), you get 1/3 of the resources for it back. I don't remember if I was scrapping ships or orbitals at the time, but decided to test it out (I think I was scrapping energy arrays to build more ships), looked at my resources before and after scrapping, as I said, looked like I was getting 1/3 back at the planet.

Edit: I'm assuming if you scrap elsewhere, you indeed get nothing.