PDA

View Full Version : No skill training possible

ColonelKendric
07-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I've encountered that my set up skill queue did neither trigger the following skill to be learned, nor can I learn skills manually any more.

Another topic is the resource counter rounding up. Showing the 6k of rare ore for a dreadnoughts should make one think you actually could build it. For sone reason, most probably rounding up, there is an undefinable duration to wait until the count has really reached that 6k and building can be commenced. Please mark the 6k upon completion or don't show only one digit.

My server is Nanna and I'm playing on an iPad 1.

On a personal remark:
Honestly, after going through several issues in the past month, being my first round over all, I have to say that I passed all states from mere frustration, disappointment and anger back and forth several times.
This game still feels like a paid beta, and I'm asking myself how this could happen at all. And I'm not at all talking about the subscription fee, for such a game you should even limit the servers in my eyes to go for multiple subscription or offer year passes.
Just go for a better user experience in interfaces and displays as quickly as possible, and wipe out those unneccesary bugs and mistakes. This is unsustainable as a situation my point of view as a willing player.

ColonelKendric
07-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Any reply to my stated problem? I'd really like to skill something to obtain a chance for the winning conditions.

Jean Arnaud
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Try unqueuing everything and requeuing the one you want to research. I have encountered an issue where if you click on a skill too many times it adds it to the queue more than once and it causes a stall effect in the research.

I'll try to post as to you other comments later, when I have more time.

Tsagoth
07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Honestly, after going through several issues in the past month, being my first round over all, I have to say that I passed all states from mere frustration, disappointment and anger back and forth several times.
This game still feels like a paid beta, and I'm asking myself how this could happen at all. And I'm not at all talking about the subscription fee, for such a game you should even limit the servers in my eyes to go for multiple subscription or offer year passes.
Just go for a better user experience in interfaces and displays as quickly as possible, and wipe out those unneccesary bugs and mistakes. This is unsustainable as a situation my point of view as a willing player.

I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. We're well aware of the game's shortcomings and we are trying to address them. We have a real SQL guy now who is actively designing a proper database layout. Right now I am working on backend stuff that isn't visible to the players; stuff so that we don't have another catastrophe like losing three game servers. We're waiving the monthly fee for everyone until we get things sorted out. The reality is there's only two coders, and there's only one for the entire server-side (that would be me), so things take time. The combat design is completed, it looks good and it will be the next major thing to get worked one. I've bought two new machines for my dev/sandbox, and been busy building new vm's for the new SQL server environment, as well as expanding the sandbox system. Once a lot of this prep work is finished, I think you will see things start to happen a little quicker.

Z is also heading to Europe on Saturday for a couple of weeks of time away from the game, so you won't see much posting from him.