Zarksoft Games Announces Empire of the Eclipse
First True MMO Strategy Experience for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
Available Q1 2011
"As long time fans of games like Civilization and Master of Orion, we've worked diligently to make a game that lives up to the standards set by those milestone titles," said Lee Dotson, President, Zarksoft. "Empire of the Eclipse also brings accessibility and massively multiplayer capabilities to mobile devices."
- Massively Multiplayer: Fight, trade, scheme and vie for universal domination with up to 1500 other players per game.
- Epic Universe: Games can range in size from 2,500 to 90,000 sectors. Explore, conquer and exploit hundreds of thousands of planets.
- Explore: Fog of war and dynamically generated universes require exploration and reconnaissance, key components of the empire building experience.
- Streamlined Interface: Jump to any controlled planet or fleet from anywhere in the galaxy with just a few touches.
- Diplomacy: Enact a state of Peace, War or Embargo with other players. A rich array of interpersonal player dynamics awaits.
- Many Ways to Win: Win by the application of brute force or economic superiority. Transcend the stars or collect ancient alien artifacts. Whether warmonger, diplomat or explorer, there are always ways to win.
- Skill Trees: Utilize a diverse and flexible selection of 40 skills to uniquely tailor and individualize an interstellar empire.
- Player Communication: Robust in-game mail and chat systems feature private channels and item attachments to better facilitate trade and covert operations.
Retina Display: Stunning visuals are tailor-made to support both Retina and traditional iPhone displays.
- Universal: A single account may login from any i-device you or anyone else owns.
- Fair Play: Players cannot purchase their way to victory. Robust server side gameplay ensures a fair and competitive play experience for all.
Set in the distant future, Empire of the Eclipse tasks players with establishing an interstellar empire and using diplomacy, economic acumen and conquest to thrive. Empire of the Eclipse will be available Q1 2011 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch mobile devices.
Zarksoft was founded in 2010 by industry veterans Tina Lawton, Lee Dotson, Jeff Lawton, and Jeff Williams whose previous work includes contributions to Diablo 3, Unreal Championship 2, American McGee's Alice, Anachronox, Hellgate: London, Star Trek Online and more titles. Zarksoft retains a passion for creating dynamic multiplayer environments and has a fierce commitment to independent development.