Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Test server

Tsagoth… something seems off about my Reports.

Shows the same person attacked me multiple times in the same Galaxy and Sector. That's odd… should have happened either once… or in multiple different sectors.

Edit: Nevermind… I figured out what happened. I made a colony that had Aliens. It was a central hub for CO transportation. When the Aliens turned on and attacked all my Harvesters just sat idle in the Sector. Then someone came into the sector and they auto attacked. Clearly they died several times as they moved men in,
    Last edited by WhiteLion; 11-02-2012 at 02:08 AM.

I've patched the aliens a few more times today. I'm watching them while I'm working on the push notification.

Just fixed a bug that applies to newly formed fleets that probably makes them go invisible when they change sectors.

Also, I had an email that said there was a bug with Terraformers in that you can't send them from one planet to another planet directly; you have to send them to the sun first and then to the planet. I've tried this and it works for me, my TF can go from one planet straight to another. Has anyone else had a problem with flying Terraformers around ?

I used to run into the Terraformers bug every time I moved it between planets.

I just logged on and tried it again. Didn't happen. So either something fixed it, or it happens only in certain circumstances… perhaps between outposts and not colonies… I don't know I haven't tested each scenario out.

I have coldstarted Zabada to coincide with some changes.

- universe is much smaller
    - centre planets now owned, so you can't just claim them
    - Advanced Material Collection skill is removed. Rare Ore can just be harvested at will.
    - any player can build capitals. Planetkiller, Freighter and the CoreTap remain skill specific
    - players start with all skills at rank 4, not 9
    - push notification is enabled for Construction, Skill and Email notification.

I doubt push will work because there seems to be an issue with the 1.07 client that has it returning invalid APNS tokens. Unfortunately there is no way to test this because there's no way we can build an executable signed with the store key and load it to the phone ourselves for testing. It works fine with our dev builds, so I can only hope that it will work when we push a new binary to the store.

So far, the only problems I am seeing with this coldstarted Zabada server relate to item pricing. Remote Harvesters and one of the defensive orbitals are more expensive than listed (15CO instead of 4CO?). Also, mines are less powerful than listed in the build.

Yes, that's because the client uses a built-in database that is out of date. Z says with the store closing down for submissions over the holidays we probably can't get a new build up to the store until January.

Terraforming isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    Terraforming isn't working.
    I built a TF this morning and it was working fine; planet TF went up 4% while I was watching it. What isn't working for you ?

When my TF orbits a planet, I am given no button to terraform.