Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem building Matter Transmitter on Zabada

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    Great, I can build two Jumpgates, but I can't build a matter transmitter.

The error I get says something about requiring more Orbital space or something.

I can't reproduce it right now because I used my CO for some ships.
    Did you manage to build one ?

Yeah I built two. You need two to use them. It seemed to work across the galaxy.

However I realized it was more or less redundant. For a fraction of the cost I'd simply build transporters and transport fleets to the area of choice.

Unless it's a way to save resources when a planet gets attacked, any planet with a resource transmitter instantly sends all resources to a friendly planet. The conquered planet starts with zero. This would be an effective tactic for a trader whose massed lots of resources in one sector and sending it to another to be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    However I realized it was more or less redundant. For a fraction of the cost I'd simply build transporters and transport fleets to the area of choice.

Unless it's a way to save resources when a planet gets attacked, any planet with a resource transmitter instantly sends all resources to a friendly planet. The conquered planet starts with zero. This would be an effective tactic for a trader whose massed lots of resources in one sector and sending it to another to be saved.
    Basically that.. It shares resources between your planets. If you take over a new planet you will need a transmitter if you want to share resources. The other thing it does is since it pools all the resources from the planets you don't require ships to transport ore, which in turn frees up objects to be used as war ships, or defense.