Thread: New Review of the Game

New Review of the Game

I hope this doesn't count as spam, because I'm just trying to share a review of this game in particular.

Anyway, it's a small blog, but The Pocket Players posted this review of Empire of the Eclipse this week: http://thepocketplayers.com/2012/11/...bugs-in-space/

Sounds like they like the game, but the bugs are still putting them off.

Just thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith27 View Post
    I hope this doesn't count as spam, because I'm just trying to share a review of this game in particular.

Anyway, it's a small blog, but The Pocket Players posted this review of Empire of the Eclipse this week: http://thepocketplayers.com/2012/11/...bugs-in-space/

Sounds like they like the game, but the bugs are still putting them off.

Just thought I'd share.
    We'll get it right eventually. Seems like some of the more recent changes to the server game play and combat are working better. We'll push a new client soon that supports the new changes.

I'm sure you will. I messaged one of the hosts about the review, and they mentioned in the reply they'd be up for updating the review as the game gets upgraded.

Right now the focus is on getting push notification going. Out of the 11,000 devices we have recorded, only 37 said Yes to allowing push. Still, people said it was a big problem that it didn't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Right now the focus is on getting push notification going. Out of the 11,000 devices we have recorded, only 37 said Yes to allowing push. Still, people said it was a big problem that it didn't work right.
    I wouldn't believe those numbers. I've never seen an opt-in rate that low in apps I've worked on. I suspect something else is going on - bad data, improper config, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    I wouldn't believe those numbers. I've never seen an opt-in rate that low in apps I've worked on. I suspect something else is going on - bad data, improper config, etc.
    I don't know a thing about technical stuff, but I agree that I think a lot more people would be hitting up those notification settings.

yeah, I'm thinking we have a bug somewhere that the APNS tokens were not recorded properly. I'm working on something right now to let me determine what the hell is going on.

Well the APNS tokens are coming through fine, so I dunno. It does seem odd that there was only 37 but I haven't found anything else for it.

Ok, so I have just discovered that we don't get a valid APNS token from the client if it's on an iPad. So I'll have to get Z to look into that. If you get a message saying that an Orbital Shipyard just finished building ignore it; it's me testing and I accidentally used a wrong device id.