Thread: It's been a while - changelog

It's been a while - changelog

It's been a very long time since I have played EotE and I was wondering if there is a change log of sorts? Things that have changed primarily from the beta until now

No, there isn't any kind of change log. That would imply we had some sort of organization. I would say the main thing is we threw away the original combat system and instituted a quite different one. The place to start would be the Combat Revisions thread in the Game Chat forum to see how it's different. The other thing you'll need to read is the build table in the Test Server Zabada thread in the Server Notices forum. The charts there outline the changes in shipbuilding costs that aren't reflected in the client.

Unfortunately for us when Apple upgraded the SDK to use Open GL 2 it caused something like a thousand errors to show up when Zark tries to compile the client. Since we want to add a bunch of new feature as well, he's just going to upgrade the whole client rather than try to just fix the Open GL issues. So for now the client is going to remain somewhat out of date.

okay cool! Thank you. Has there been a huge drop in amount of players? In nanna I only see 6 people signed up and 4 people active in game none of which seem to have played on game 42 etc

I don't think there was ever more than a hundred-odd players in a single game. There's a dozen or so who currently play, but not in every game.

Now is this going to cause an issue for anyone who picked warlord over researcher or trader? Since the win condition for warlord is destroy 15 home worlds?

I've been wondering about that myself. I've been meaning to look into it and see if you could PK yourself to make up for any missing kills.