Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strategies

Each planet is scaled with a minor variance permitted. So as an example, Terran worlds might have a mininum size of 40% of the maximum size a planet can be, with a bonus of perhaps up to 30%. So a Terran would range in size from 40-80% of the maximum size for a planet. Those are not the actual Terran numbers btw. The lower bound is fixed though, so in my example, no Terran would ever be smaller than the 40% size. Rotation speed is set in a similar manner, although frankly Terran planets all seem to be spinning like tops and I'm going to adjust them yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Rotation speed is set in a similar manner, although frankly Terran planets all seem to be spinning like tops and I'm going to adjust them yet again.
    +1 on slowing the spinning down A LOT!

haha okay. Thanks Tsagoth. That makes a lot more sense. Knowing that the are "percentages" off of the base makes things a bit easier! Thanks!

haha and I agree with the comment the the planets rotation . hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by adam__moore View Post
    +1 on slowing the spinning down A LOT!
    As far as I have heard we haven't had any colonist fly off in to space due to the rotation of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    As far as I have heard we haven't had any colonist fly off in to space due to the rotation of the planet.
    Although trying to land colonies on those worlds can be a hazardous proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Trom View Post
    Although trying to land colonies on those worlds can be a hazardous proposition.
    I swear captain, that mountain was 10km away a second ago...
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Now how exactly does spinning effect a planet? I tought I read it effects resource production but that doesn't make sense.
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Well clearly it determines how many assets obtain an escape velocity
    I.e. Kids jumping rope. Bye bye next generation!
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO