Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategies

Strategies

So, While the server is down, what are some of the strategies you are tying/want to try?

For myself, I think it would be beneficial to research harvesters then orbital defense. Then tech up for terraforming.

When playing the actual game I will probably start off with those techs as well then who knows. I'd like to try the war route just because it seems like the toughest way to win. Who knows though. I will be experimenting with various strategies throughout the beta test to see what works.

I definitely feel like you need some kind of economy underpinning a combat/fleet build if you want to win with that. Building a planetkiller without a serious trade or science base seems like it would be impossible.

IMO i think having Terraforming should be the backbone of any win. Getting resources fast is WINNING

After the servers go live again I'm going to compare the resource trade off between the combat and fleet routes and see how I feel about it. If fighters end up doing as well as its being implied against super capital ships carriers could be very satisfying

Well it depends on if research is needed to build mining colony ships, but if not then I am going to blitz my neighbors and take out their mining colonies. If I can keep them pinned down long enough the attrition will give me time to build a fleet to take their primary colonies/homeworld which should give me a large enough strategic advantage to win.

As it is the speed which ships move at is a huge bonus for someone looking to blitz. Going for combat ships before harvesters doesn't really slow down production because with the new claiming system we will have fewer mining colonies anyway and while I am waiting to build harvesters the resources will stockpile.
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Do we have any idea how fighters do in taking over an enemy planet situation?

No. I guess you could try to calculate is based on their attack value. We have been told it would take 3 cruisers to take out a claimed planet so find out how many fighters have an equivalant attack value minus the attack value of the carrier and thats how many you will need.

For a colony with over 100m pop though your going to need equivilant to a few dreads in firepower.
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanius View Post
    No. I guess you could try to calculate is based on their attack value. We have been told it would take 3 cruisers to take out a claimed planet so find out how many fighters have an equivalant attack value minus the attack value of the carrier and thats how many you will need.

For a colony with over 100m pop though your going to need equivilant to a few dreads in firepower.
    It looked pretty good to skip offensive initiative and get level two combat instead.

Well I'm wondering more in terms of how fighters get owned by destroyers but do well against capital ships, if there's come sort of imbalance with defences