Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by ksib View Post
    I think that the biggest changes that will alter my strategy will be the change to starting with the harvesting skill as well as the money. Any thoughts?
    The harvesting skill is a beta freebie, so you don't have to spend the first 12 hours sitting on your thumbs waiting for it to train. In the real game, you won't get RH to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    The harvesting skill is a beta freebie, so you don't have to spend the first 12 hours sitting on your thumbs waiting for it to train. In the real game, you won't get RH to start.
    Oh cool! I thought that it was going to be permanent, but I think that it would be good. It will make the game start a bit quicker :P

Quote Originally Posted by adam__moore View Post
    Perhaps early detection of other homeworlds will allow a fleet of sappers - harvesters that deplete your neighbour's nearby resources limiting their expansion?
    I am worried about the sappers strategy on the casual player. This is where players who can put in two hours a day have a distinct advantage over the 20 minutes a day player. I'd like to see the two hour per day player have less power over the casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    I am worried about the sappers strategy on the casual player. This is where players who can put in two hours a day have a distinct advantage over the 20 minutes a day player. I'd like to see the two hour per day player have less power over the casual player.
    While there may be some things we could do, there are also limits. If someone doesn't log in until a week after the game starts, they are going to be seriously disadvantaged no matter what we do.

If you just post a single destroyer on all your planets and said Sapper didn't have some of the trade skills, would their harvs just get blown up over and over? If you started a war with them... So I suppose you'd have to notice first huh.

Edit: just revisited that post about not taking from colonies you don't own (I.e. No sapping)
    So if you tried doing that you would end up trading with them then? Could you give us some numbers on how that works?
    Last edited by Cheerio; 04-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

You can't resource sap other players. If you send a trade vessel to another players planet that you're not at war with it'll load up on resources but not actually take any from the planet. The other player then recieves bonus resources for trading with you. The counterfeiting skill reduces the bonus the other player receives.

You can however sap people's population if you have the smuggling tech.

Oh also, I have been doing quite a bit of data gathering regarding resource regen on planets. I have found that each aspect of a planet has a particular affect on resources.

So far I have noticed, the type of planet affects the base amount of either CO or RO. For example, a water planet a little of both where a rock gives just CO.
    The size of the planet affect the base amount of each CO or RO that planet will auto regen.

Yet I remember originally you guys had mentioned that the star type within the system does play a role in the amount of resources provided? Having only limited data I can only make particular assumptions (oh no, I posted an assumption) that they type of star play no if not little role in the amount of regen.

Should I place this in a spoiler? if so, how?
    Last edited by ksib; 04-18-2011 at 09:07 PM.

The +/- of the star type is not all that much. Something like a max of 10% if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by ksib View Post
    Should I place this in a spoiler? if so, how?
    (spoil)text here(/spoil) but use square brackets instead of round.. [ ]

There is also
    (strike)text(/strike)
    (profile)forumname(/profile)

Okay cool, Thank you guys. I had a bunch of data that I am going through for it so I am trying to figure it out :P.

Another question, are there set planet sizes? like Small, - Medium, Medium, + Medium, Large? Or is there a large random number generated and the planets size scale to that number?