Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data Usage

Guys, you are mistaken. That 150kbits/sec is the total traffic to the rack. That is the game+FTP server+remote console sessions, etc. Everything. An individual phone I would expect to be way under 500 bytes/sec. I just don't have the stats to prove it, but like I said most of the server responses to the phone are well under 100 bytes. I will see if I can get some data for just the proxy server interface.

Hey, just to clarify 150k is the amount of traffic Tsagoth is seeing for -the entire game- not for a single player. While I don't have an exact number in front of me I think it's safe to say that the data usage for a single player would be much, much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ksib View Post
    Ah. Well I wish I could help! Call them about it

We've called them a few times already. All they can do is remotely reset the router or send a new one...
    And when you say you don't get what you pay for they get scared and donate €50 to your bank acount xD

Oh well.. my dad was thinking about switching to satelite internet, but I haven't heard much good regarding online gaming with such a connection :/ Since EotE is not a fast paced game I don't think your ping plays a huge role right?
    Last edited by iCake; 04-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.

May I ask what service provider?

And ya, :Leedot/Tsagoth: that is a lot more reasonable!

Ok, Monday night, 2100-2200, rack traffic was 8.7kbits/sec. I'll say the .7 is the remote sessions, and we were probably averaging at least 6 players, so that's 150 bytes/sec. That I think is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Ok, Monday night, 2100-2200, rack traffic was 8.7kbits/sec. I'll say the .7 is the remote sessions, and we were probably averaging at least 6 players, so that's 150 bytes/sec. That I think is pretty good.
    That's really good!

Kpn, in Holland. I'm not sure if they provide internet service outside of my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Good to hear

Yeah, I have never heard of them. hmm. That's weird. And that's the ISP's main response blah blah router. Blah blah reset.

Ok so that will be more like 15 megabytes per month if you play an hour a day
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G