Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First hostile action

First hostile action

Looking through last night's logs, it appears that Gurion is the first player to attack another. He killed a ship of cplr and took the planet too.

I thought this was me and automated somehow cause I just killed someones probe
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Joys of the GMT timezone While you were sleeping . . .

I was just trying to see what would happen if I attacked a small harvester, actually - the planet came for free

Oh and - sorry cplr - a formal announcement would have been the proper form!

PS - loving the 'Trom warning' confirmation prompts - can we keep them, please?

Hmm - but now attacking a planet seems to kick me out and give me the 'missing login screen of eternal limbo' - maybe I'm trying to attack a homeworld?

Oh - I put ships into a fleet to move them- attacking as a fleet did nada - had to disband the fleet in order to achieve anything

OK - attacking a planet, rather than a ship, kicks me off every time now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam__moore View Post
    OK - attacking a planet, rather than a ship, kicks me off every time now.
    We'll look in to that. We know you can't attack people with fleets, it was disabled for the moment. We didn't want to bring all of combat up at once just so we could focus on certain test mechanics.

Unfleeting and attacking will use all your ships, and if you are attacking a player in orbit of their planet, you will end up attacking the planet as well. The planets will assist in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by adam__moore View Post
    Hmm - but now attacking a planet seems to kick me out and give me the 'missing login screen of eternal limbo' - maybe I'm trying to attack a homeworld?
    No, there is a known issue with attacking a planet directly. I'm busy investigating it on a dev server at the moment. I don't know what the disconnect problem is, that's a separate client bug.

Quick questions. I attacked a player recently and I was not able to see the cinematic attack sequence that you had displayed a while back. How are we able to see that play out? Is it just shown when fleets attack? Is it disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Trom View Post
    Quick questions. I attacked a player recently and I was not able to see the cinematic attack sequence that you had displayed a while back. How are we able to see that play out? Is it just shown when fleets attack? Is it disabled?
    Yes, the animated combat display is currently disabled. I believe we don't yet have all the artwork in place for all the ship classes.