Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest server build

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    When the Tutorial servers go live we will probably be implementing a planet cap as well. So you won't be able to just acquire everything within the universe.
    Will there still be win conditions in the tutorial servers? e.g. will the planet cap be approx equal to the conquest win or do tutorial servers just run for a set period and then get reset?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    I'm ok with a full reset and a new universe, but I'm not sure how the other players feel.
    Yep - a reset would be good - it's great to have an opportunity to try new strategies as Raven says. Will there be any other new features? Trading or artefacts?

Quote Originally Posted by adam__moore View Post
    Will there still be win conditions in the tutorial servers? e.g. will the planet cap be approx equal to the conquest win or do tutorial servers just run for a set period and then get reset?
    Tutorial servers will be pretty persistent. By putting in the caps it will allow new players to play the game, and people that want to play out all the trees to experiment can do that on the tutorial servers. Since you will be able to acquire all the skill trees on the tutorial servers, but have a planet cap it just means you won't go hog wild destroying new players because you won't have the ability to.

We may implement ship caps as well, so you won't have the full 1000 ship armada's that we have currently. With this in place you should never have someone reaching a win condition. The win conditions will be disabled for the tutorial servers anyhow. They are more like test servers for people to play on, and experiment on, that will be kind of long term.

We aren't saying we'll never reset them. There will be times when it's required to reset them, due to upgrades to the code base and what not. For the most part thought they are meant to be played on to learn things.

Just means you have to fight over the good planet yarr!
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G