Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sign up for Empire of the Eclipse Beta Round 2!

will old beta accounts still be valid?

LX - If you made it into the beta you'll get an email when the build is ready for download.
    Fiery - If you were active in the previous round of beta you're grandfathered into this round of beta.

I check my email multiple times a day hoping that the invite will be there. Valor just doesn't cut it anymore.

I am assuming I would/will be grandfathered in, but I also used the link to join the beta and made it through successfully. Will that mess anything up or does it just count for entering once? Should I not have used the link?
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanius View Post
    I am assuming I would/will be grandfathered in, but I also used the link to join the beta and made it through successfully. Will that mess anything up or does it just count for entering once? Should I not have used the link?
    No it won't be an issue. Duplicate devices will be ignored, so if you had a device in the beta, and you registered the same device then it's not a problem. If your device changed since the last beta and you uploaded a new one that you would rather we use because you tossed the old one, sold it off, gave it to your child, or what not then you might want to let us know before this weekend so we can make sure we have the correct device in the list.

Same old low memory Ipod touch 4th gen. What time will beta go live tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanius View Post
    Same old low memory Ipod touch 4th gen. What time will beta go live tomorrow?
    Sometime in the afternoon PDT time. I would guess between 4-6pm PDT. Just running over some final checks before we push it out.

Question: Before this beta one of the last things we talked about was re-implementing the warp trails or whatever they were called so you can see in what direction an enemy ship/fleet is headed. It doesn't look like this is being implemented? Also if it is to be implemented it would be great to know at what speed the enemy fleet is moving at to help with strategic planning.

Still looking good for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    Sometime in the afternoon PDT time. I would guess between 4-6pm PDT. Just running over some final checks before we push it out.
    Is the plan to release the new beta tonight? I'm looking forward to it!

was supposed to launch 2-4 hours ago. Any update?

My thinking:
    Zarkwizard: "Hey guys, spart just posted on the forum....we totally forgot to implement the wake trails"
    Leedot: "Oh crap! ok heres the plan. Ignore everything on the forums, get it implemented, and then launch 24 hours later and say we meant to say september 4th. They will totally go for that. It be much better if it looks like we accidentally hit "3" instead of "4" rather than accidentally forgot to implement wake trails after 3 months of not giving a release"
    Zarkwizard: "True that...but spartanius just posted again saying you would say that..."