Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nergal Beta v2 09/10/11 Game

Nergal Beta v2 09/10/11 Game

Hi everyone. I thought I would start a new thread specifically about the new tutorial game, Nergal, for this beta 2 that started on 09/10/11.

Post in-game notes here (not bug reports, only info about this game itself - locations, alliances, battles, etc).

I'm in 3.3 (bottom center corner), playing as Roshi. It's a crowded galactic sector. I found two other players, so far, and am avoiding expanding toward the galactic center right now out of fear of aliens - no clue how powerful they are, so am preferring to stand clear.

There are no aliens. Zark and Leedot placed themselves in the center and said that to keep everyone away from them in fear.... jkin
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

There are aliens out there.. You have been warned, and it's not us. They guard the artifacts.. oh wait.. what artifacts? Pretend I didn't say anything...

At any rate I think you need to be higher than tech level 4 to go through the center unmolested. There certainly won't be the uncovering the entire map in a few days.

3.3 eh? That's getting pretty close to the center. You could always fly a probe towards the milky center and find out what happens. I'm playing as VeriHm, and as ZarkWizard if I am testing something. For the most part you'll find me on as VeriHm. I have no special powers on that toon.

Hey all! Playing as Gurion at a trade station near you soon cheapest prices so come on down! Alien artefacts a specialty*

*no possession or knowledge about alien artefacts should be inferred from the above promotional message. All trading under strict caveat emptor conditions. Your experience of trading may differ from that described above.

Hey all. Newb here. I'm playing as Elroy. Does it really take 8hrs to research remote harvesting?

Quote Originally Posted by roywall View Post
    Hey all. Newb here. I'm playing as Elroy. Does it really take 8hrs to research remote harvesting?
    Only if you are a researcher, it takes 12 hours for the rest of us. This game was designed to take 2 months to win and is set up so you have to specialize what you research because there isn't time to research every tech in 2 months.

There is a section of the universe where, if you are not Tech Level 5 or higher, your ships will simply vanish upon entering the system. This is not a bug.

Edit: When the game launched, there were 6,560 ships in orbit. Before the first player joined. Plan accordingly.
    Last edited by Tsagoth; 09-12-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: update

lmao that makes me really really happy
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

definitely like how much lower the resource gen is - definitely makes playing the game in small chunks a much more viable option. before it definitely felt like you'd be overwhelmed by someone who spent a lot of time on the game, now it feels more even to me.
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Yeah I agree with cheerio. Great improvement.