Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: probes gone missing

probes gone missing

has someone been picking off my probes in 0,2 and 0,1? that or there are some aliens in the edge galaxies O_o

- if they did get blown up I did not receive a notification in game
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Currently you don't get a notice about ships lost by poor navigation; it's a known issue to be fixed.

Edit: I checked the logs: Ship : 6769 belonging to player 21 has encountered a Blackhole and been snuffed
    Last edited by Tsagoth; 09-13-2011 at 10:26 PM.

I lost a probe for seemingly no reason. I checked the player list and everyone appears to be at peace with me, so I don't know what happened either.

Blackholes don't appear as anything when you find one and lose a ship to it?

yeah, trom pointed blackholes out to me. i totally forgot they existed! it was prolly the same both times

heh.. You only get to see a blackhole if you can survive it. Otherwise, your ship just goes away. As Tsagoth pointed out we plan on adding an auto-mailing to the user to notify them they lost communication with the ship, but you'll get that message from aliens as well if your tech level is too low.

this is so exciting O_o
    it'd be cool if you made the interior systems or desirable or something too - so they're more essential

do the aliens move around? if they don't, it'd be cool if there were some that patrolled or if they moved a space every few hours or something.

Currently there is a zone that we call the Omnipresent Aliens. If you enter that zone below tech level 5 your ship / fleet whatever is considered no match for the Aliens and you will be instantly destroyed. Otherwise you get to fly around and find out what happens for yourself. Just remember there are over 6500 of them, and they were teching up a million years before your civ existed.

So... When you reach tech 5 in a tree your safe with any ship or your ship has to be tech 5?

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    If you enter that zone below tech level 5 your ship / fleet whatever is considered no match for the Aliens and you will be instantly destroyed.
    I am confused with that as well. What needs to be level 5?
    Part of the Faceroll Fiery_Spartan_Spoon Alliance Cheeritrom Brigade