Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mining skills questions

Well you might want to wait on that. I'm just the server guy, I tell you how I think it works. If Lee chimes in and says no, they -should- stack, then they will stack at some point.

Looks like you can't self destruct orbitals or something.

I see that. I'll have to talk to Zark, not sure whose fault this is, although I'm pretty sure it's a client bug :;

Oh I never thought or expected that you could build multiple MTs or Refineries and get a bigger bonus. I am just thinking as a trader if I spend that long trying to get the tech I am going to want to put population on all of my mining colonies and built an MT and a Refinery, and that will seriously hurt a trader who relies on having large fleets of smaller ships for protection if it counts against the object limit. at the 2 month period in a game with 1000 players I don't expect a trader having a heck of a lot of population colonies and spending 1/8th of your time just researching for MTs and another 4 days getting it to rank 9 to only essentially add 20*.9=18 more colonies worth of resource production to your empire is lame.

I am going to work toward proving this is a necessary change for the rest of the beta

[edit] not to mention it costs 500k CO and 8k RO to build just one MT. The payback time on a great world like your homeworld which produces 1k CO which can be modified and maximum 70 RO that can be modified is.... 5 days for the rare ore and 23 days for the common ore. This is ONLY with the skill trained to 9. looks its going to be about 2-4 weeks before you can get an MT on a planet if you train just for MTs. And its going to take a freaking month to pay back the common ore before you start getting any benefit? Only if you train the skill to rank 9? RO isn't even going to be helped much by MTs because RO comes from planets you can't or will rarely put pop on save for water worlds. This is a broken tool for the trade empire.
    Last edited by Spartanius; 09-14-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Spart & fiery : When you guys are done compiling all the notes of how things work can you e-mail it to us so we know how it works... You guys are the reason I'll never win this game.

lol, I was actually thinking something similar.

The more facts on how the math works in the game, the more data we can give you on how balanced everything is

Though, I don't have as much time to play like I used to so I don't expect to do well in the beta, which is probably why I am trying to be nicer to cheerio on the forums

The big bonus for a MT is it pools the ore you have on that planet with the ore on every planet with a MT. Also keep in mind the traders goal is to acquire the ore, not maintain it. So spending the 4k RO for a MT doesn't matter in the long run. It will just allow you to build cargo ships and things at newer colonies.

When you build something on an MT plant, it takes the ore there, and then starts looking at the other MT planets for ore if it requires it.

wait is it that you need to have aquired 999,999,999 ore over the course of the game or is it that you need to have that much at one time? I thought you need to have that much all at once and may have mined much more than that over the course of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanius View Post
    lol, I was actually thinking something similar.

The more facts on how the math works in the game, the more data we can give you on how balanced everything is

Though, I don't have as much time to play like I used to so I don't expect to do well in the beta, which is probably why I am trying to be nicer to cheerio on the forums
    that made me laugh in real life don't worry... im a trader... on the other side of the galaxy... with a... meager empire
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO