Some bits and pieces I've been mulling . . .

1. I'm pretty sure I know where a black hole is - how do I go about sharing that info? I could put it inside a SPOILER tag - but the mobile client doesn't respect them in thread view - do I add [SPOILER] or [MAPPING] to the thread title? Does anyone care? Do we need a game-specific thread for maps?

2. Some of us OCD completists MAY, I say *MAY* be using the new screencap emails and a ton of probes to photoshop stitch a giant sector level view map together and be building a system to generate dynamic interactive maps from probe data. (Aside - I may have been involved in some GIS work, once :) What is Zarksoft's attitude to me sticking it behind a pay wall? Actually not really thinking of doing this (the paywall bit) - but I think it might be a useful policy area to explore - and I'd be interested on views as the naming policy is perhaps the clearest and best example of an MMO policy I've read in recent years. Game info and item trading are interesting areas (well, to me, anyway! OTOH my friend is doing a PhD in MMO sociology so it might just be my crowd!)

3. Galaxy 3.0 is pretty much one big black hole - I'd avoid it! No, really - stay away - it's for your own protection!

Adam / Gurion