Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta information...

Post Beta information...

Hi all,

We have noticed that there are people starting to ask about betas.

While we have coded PC clients to talk to the game and have performed large scale testing that way there really aren't enough keys available to us via the UUID settings as an Apple developer. I guess Apple never expected very large scale multiplayer games. Apple only allows us to setup 100 UUIDs for testing within the system, and those keys are locked in for the entire year. Considering that we have quite a few other games on the horizon it wouldn't be a good idea to consume all the keys.

We will probably bring on several more people to add to the testing and move away from the text PC clients mainly for extended UI testing to make sure everything is solid UI wise and play a bit of a game.

At this point the game has gone through quite a lot of testing, and there won't be a huge beta. I am sure when the time comes we'll select a few people off the forums. We'll keep you all posted as we start looking for people.

Regards,

Zark

Sounds good! That is terrible that Apple locks so many keys for development. I mean don't they realize its the apps, games, and software that make their hardware sell? I am glad to see that there will be more testing and polishing before the game comes out and I wish the best of luck to y'all with it. I can't wait for this game to come out and I look forward to hearing more about it in the future.

-Blackrend

Dos dis meanzz I canz hav BetA KeYZZZ???

Sorry had to do it. It stinks that Apple did that but if you do need help in the future I would be more then glad to. I actually worked as a tester for activision and have been out of work with kidney stones for about 2 weeks im going crazy and would help if needed.

Believe me it has been a topic often. I am sure most people would not enjoy the "programmer" interfaces that were designed for testing. We spent a lot of time working on the UI, and we'll definitely be looking to include several people from the forums before we go to GDC. We would like to make sure that the UI has a really nice feel to it, and make sure that the interface makes it really easy to play the game.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Zark

No problem! Like I stated in my other thread looking forward to the game!

Zark, I will buy you lunch if you hook me up with the beta...

Quote Originally Posted by zRoKills View Post
    Zark, I will buy you lunch if you hook me up with the beta...
    Depends on what we eat for lunch.

Cool Nice to know

Hey thanks for keeping us "in the loop". Any chance of some Dev Diaries? I buy bluray and DVDs especially for the behind the scenes stuff and would love to gear from u guys as u finish off this game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Hey thanks for keeping us "in the loop". Any chance of some Dev Diaries? I buy bluray and DVDs especially for the behind the scenes stuff and would love to gear from u guys as u finish off this game.
    I'll bring it up, and see if they want to get someone to start a blog about progress and things going on.

Cool

That'd be awesome. It's all about, Connecting with Fans and giving them Reasons to Buy.