Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipyards limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Trom View Post
    That does make sense to me. My only concern is really with people who want to make fleets of carriers with fighters on board. Loading each carrier up to capacity means that a relatively small fleet of them could eat up a substantial number of your allotted slots. Otherwise I am all up for the cap. We will see how it all pans out over a few games.
    Fighters on carriers are no longer part of the cap, and you no longer have to load carriers. They come fully stocked with fighters. So if you build a carrier, it counts as one object.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    The top of the shops screen only shows you your current cap based on your shipyards and talents, not the max cap of 1000, which I am recommending you also include so that players understand there is a max cap.

Right now, mine says:

Objects built 178 of 100

But there is no mention of 1000.
    Ok, something isn't right there.. We'll have to look in to that one, and way the cap was ignored. As for there being no mention of the 1000 cap... I'm not sure... LeeDot would be the one that would need to comment on that. I thought it was mentioned in one of the tutorial videos, but I could be mistaken. I'll talk to him today and see what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    Fighters on carriers are no longer part of the cap, and you no longer have to load carriers. They come fully stocked with fighters. So if you build a carrier, it counts as one object.
    YESS!!! Fleet is a legit specialization if all you want to do is give warlords a hard time this should be funny to any one that remembers my constant desire to play fleet in beta.
    What class of ships are aliens going to be rocking? Like, will they tend to fall on the capital class size, or be a mix?
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
    YESS!!! Fleet is a legit specialization if all you want to do is give warlords a hard time this should be funny to any one that remembers my constant desire to play fleet in beta.
    We actually have a "Fleet" specialization that we want to add to the game in the future. It's got some cool abilities, but for the time being we left it out. That and the Diplomat Specialty.. but that's a secret.. sshhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
    What class of ships are aliens going to be rocking? Like, will they tend to fall on the capital class size, or be a mix?
    I think aliens are about 1500 Super Dreads, and 400 fighters or something like that.. Takes 2-3 players working as a group to take em down.. You need to beat them first shot though.. because once they get a taste of your pathetic ships they'll hunt you down like the Borg in ST:NG. Maybe that was a secret to... Nothing to see here.. move along...

Good to know. I'll be sure to direct my prey towards the aliens and sweep up the remains. Someone's bound to bite.