Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Resubmission Update

It always makes me laugh how during the submission process this website always has people on it. Now whilst it's being redeveloped its all quiet again!

Did going public with this game increase pressure on you all? I can't imagine that come the submission periods, when we're all on here impatiently waiting, it helps your anxiety levels?

Do you regret going public with it so early?

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    Did going public with this game increase pressure on you all? I can't imagine that come the submission periods, when we're all on here impatiently waiting, it helps your anxiety levels?

Do you regret going public with it so early?
    Hind site is 20/20.. In the future we may do things slightly different... The next game will have a lot of foundation code we have written, so it'll be much easier to work on the next game. If we look at Eclipse specifically, it could have been available over a year ago. The issue was we want to make sure that players have the best experience we can offer, and through the beta we learned that there were some huge flaws in the game design. We were very lucky to have a core group of testers, and we take feedback seriously. Games we develop aren't about making the most money we can and then ignore the users.. We are about designing the games people would love to play. We believe customer input is the most important thing there is.

Rather than push out a bug ridden, or design flawed game we decided we would go back to the drawing board and try to work things out. We are very happy with where we are today, vs where we were a year ago. We have now started work on upgrading the game, making a version specific to the iPad, and starting to look at what we can add in the next release. Eclipse is a game we are proud of, and we hope to get input from the users to see where the game heads.

Hopefully in the next game we'll have a better idea of what we need to do to keep things in check, and get to where we want it to be before we announce. Everything is a learning experience. What we take away from that experience is how we will evolve and learn.

edit: On a side note we have also learned a great deal about the submission process and what we need to do to make things a smoother transition. Those delays alone cost us a couple of months of development/submission time. Knowing what we know now, and having designed the correct engine now, future submissions should run a great deal smoother for this game, and any future games.
    Last edited by zarkwizard; 05-06-2012 at 03:26 PM.

UPDATE:
    Once again we have submitted to Apple. Hopefully everything will sail through this time with no issues. We'll keep you all posted.

*fingers crossed*

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkhai View Post
    *fingers crossed*

Good luck!
    ^ This!

Can't wait to finally play!

Yes! Praise the Grand Architect! Lol been waiting and checking daily for over a year oh man cant wait to play this amazing game! Hope u guys keep up your moto of havin this be an amazing app with amazing content filled updates! Nice work

Zarkwizard your post above says everything a gamer wants to hear. I will follow you guys forever if you stick to those core beliefs.

Here's wishing you guys a speedy and uneventful app submission this time. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the game.

Today we found a couple of bugs that we somehow missed in testing. Since they aren't "Fatal" bugs, and most people won't encounter them for a couple of weeks we will push a new client once the current one is available. Rather than take the current version down and resubmit.

We already know what the bugs are and we have solutions for them. A new build will be submitted right after this one goes live. As we find them we will post updates int he tech support forum for the game.

Sorry about that..

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post

Sorry about that..
    I'll forgive you. This time =P
    Plus side is that the game has to come out first so at least we'll get to play it this time
    I can live with a couple bugs of little importance if I finally get to play the game!
    Good luck with the submission.