Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Resubmission Update

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonic Daz View Post
    Been stalking the website since March when I saw the review!
    haha i'm the exact same. Been regularly coming to the website to see the progress.
    Every time I google EotE in google to come here though as I haven't bookmarked it yet (smite me), I keep seeing this;

And then dying a little inside. Then I realise the date and all is well again in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    During this waiting period we are already starting to work on the iPad version, and game improvements. Be the time this gets through we'll probably be ready to submit an upgrade.
    Perfect timing as I should be getting my iPad which I just bought on Monday!

Any updates from the officials?
    Nice everything you have there...
    Sssssssssssssssssss

Well... bad news.. we were rejected again. Although we are perplexed as to the reason.... Here is the reason:

However, based on product functionality, it would be more appropriate to use the Subscription In App Purchase type because the service offered by your application requires the user to make an advance payment to access the content or receive the service.
    So on one hand we were told we can't use subscriptions, we redesign the application to use consumables as we were told to do on the phone from someone at Apple. Now we were rejected, because we should be using subscriptions.... Please understand if you all find this frustrating, imagine how we are feeling. We aren't going to rant about it, personally I lost enough sleep feeling sick to my stomach last night. In the rejection we posted a specific note asking what specifically must we do to get the app approved. Hopefully we'll get a specific outline from someone and we'll be able to move forward.

We are VERY SORRY that the game has been delayed yet again. You have no idea how bad we feel having to pass on this news yet again. Like I said above I personally didn't sleep last night, and I didn't post last night because it would have probably been a rant, which wouldn't be good for anyone. As soon as we know more we will let you all know.
    Last edited by zarkwizard; 04-28-2012 at 12:27 PM.

That make perfect sense in crazy town?

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    Well... bad news.. we were rejected again. Although we are perplexed as to the reason.... Here is the reason:

So on one hand we were told we can't use subscriptions, we redesign the application to use consumables as we were told to do on the phone from someone at Apple. Now we were rejected, because we should be using subscriptions.... Please understand if you all find this frustrating, imagine how we are feeling. We aren't going to rant about it, personally I lost enough sleep feeling sick to my stomach last night. In the rejection we posted a specific note asking what specifically must we do to get the app approved. Hopefully we'll get a specific outline from someone and we'll be able to move forward.

We are VERY SORRY that the game has been delayed yet again. You have no idea how bad we feel having to pass on this news yet again. Like I said above I personally didn't sleep last night, and I didn't post last night because it would have probably been a rant, which wouldn't be good for anyone. As soon as we know more we will let you all know.
    Firstly, don't be sorry. This isn't your fault it would be Apple's.
    Secondly, you said you managed to get on the phone with someone the first time. I think you need to try and get into contact with someone and explain the situation, because it seems that Apple really doesn't know what they want. It seems really unfair that you guys got rejected twice, for contradicting reasons, and letting apps like Order and Chaos on the store no problem. Once they realize they have contradicted themselves, they are going to have to make some decision as to what to do.
    Thirdly, what the heck are you gonna do if they insist you return to the original method? Would you have to completely rework the game again?

Anyway, I can understand that you guys must be having an awful time wiith this, and you guys are desperate to get the game on the store as much as we are desperate to play it, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm going to be really curious as to how Apple responds when they realize they messed up.
    Nice everything you have there...
    Sssssssssssssssssss

It seems that the left foot is not talking to the right, it is unfortunate that Apple would let a legally questionable clone through no problem. However, a quality title like EOTE has to jump through ridiculousness.

Port the game to Android instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenders2 View Post
    Firstly, don't be sorry. This isn't your fault it would be Apple's.
    I second this, as disheartening as it is you're on the precipice of joining the few true MMO's that are available on the App Store. Apple's QA and app review process is a notorious headache for the most seasoned developers, but I guess you guys knew that. Take it as a learning curve and as they say: "Third time lucky!"

Thirdly, what the heck are you gonna do if they insist you return to the original method? Would you have to completely rework the game again?
    I'd place a safe bet that the guys will be using some sort of versioning method that will allow them to rollback the game back to before the changes were made, should the case arise.

Don't take it to heart guys, you've done so much in preparation for this moment. Don't let it slow you down.
    Last edited by Daemonic Daz; 04-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.

We still have all the other subscription code. It wouldn't be that bad to put back in.

We are working on trying to get in contact with someone at Apple, and hopefully get things resolved so we can move forward, and know what is expected of us.

10 to 1 says that the people who handle subscription apps are different from the people that handle non-subscription apps and there in lies the problem. Or at least something to that effect.

Ugh, so sorry for you guys. How utterly frustrating.

Anyone got any extra rectal cranial extractors lying around?