Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Resubmission Update

On the news front we have been in contact with someone at Apple, and we are working with them to get to the bottom of the issue. Hopefully in the next couple of days we'll be able to tell you more, and we'll know exactly what we need to do for the game.

It tough being the new guy on the block. We are optimistic that it will all be sorted in the very near future. Thanks everyone for your patience. We hope the game lives up to your expectations, and if it doesn't please let us know how to can get it there after you play.

stick with it. We will be here when its ready. Don't take no crap from those apple people. They give you any trouble kick'em in the stem.

Any chance you can set up a mailing list to alert us when the game is ready? I'm getting OCD checking this site 10 times a day.

UPDATE:
    Ok, we spoke with Apple this morning. It was a fairly good conversation about what we need to do exactly to get smoothly through the process. Now that we have the information, we can make the required changes. Visually it'll be pretty much the same as I outlined in my other post. The only difference will be that a person will not be required to create an account if they only want to play from a single device.

We can not require registration to play the game. With that being said we can set it up so the server will provide the system with a default user/password combo that doesn't require a registration to get in, but if you wish to access the game from multiple devices you will be required to signup. Although to be honest we would suggest you signup anyhow. It's always easier when you know your account information, rather than to have something provided for you.

This change will take a couple of days, and we should be resubmitting. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks this will all be behind us, and we can look forward to playing the game.

Nice to know they've given you some direction. What about subscription or in app purchase for game time payment as that was the apparent issue?

I was wondering the same thing, if they dont have to register how to you handle payments? Or free accounts have to be implemented?
    Last edited by lordxorn; 04-30-2012 at 08:32 PM.

I had a similar question when I was talking to them...

We have to provide an "AutoAccount" feature. Basically if you just click "Login" without signing up, we need to provide a mechanism that doesn't require you to type configure an account. Our server will autogenerate a username and password for the account. It won't require that you signup officially. This will only work on the device you are on, and will not be able to sign in on another device. The Username/Password fields will be locked when using this mode. If you reset your device you'll basically be hosed, since we can no longer use the UUID (RE: http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/19/app...sing-out-udid/ ).

We HIGHLY suggest people signup for an account if they plan on playing the game, because if you don't and you change devices you my lose any purchases you made on your old device. According to Apple that's fine. If you have multiple devices, you will need to either signup, or buy accounts on all your devices. We don't have any control over this, it is policy, and I was told such.

So while we don't require the signup, it's highly suggested, just for your sanity. We'll put a blurb on the log in screen saying such.

Those are the big changes.. Which in all it's pretty simple stuff. We just need to add an "Automation" packet to the log in process. No free accounts, you will still need to create a character to play.

Doesn't hero academy force you to make an account?

However, it does not make sense with your business model.

I think offering "non-signup" a free play version that limits their tech level (or some other limit) would be the solution.

It is not fair for those of us who do register and I assume have to pay?

To be clear not having to register doesn't mean that there's a free option. People will still have to purchase a subscription, it just means that we can't require someone to register with us.

As for subscription, the issue is more that there's a very specific way they want to see the model implemented. To the outside world there will be virtually no difference from what we've described before so nothing's really changing for you guys.