Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Resubmission Update

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    To be fair I think half the games on there are scams. The concept of playing a few times then energy running out so you have to buy more, and all the other unexpected in game purchases really get on my nerves.

I've found possibly two or three games that I love, and they were relatively high priced, with a few add on's available buy IAP. EoTE appealed to me because everything was clear cut, with (hopefully) no hidden surprises.
    Those really aren't scams. I'm talking about the games you have to buy, and then the game doesn't work (intentionally) or the game isn't what was advertised. Games that advertise a Minecraft clone but are really a basic box game or something like that are good examples, and people are completely mindless when it comes to Minecraft.

I don't like energy based games, but some people do, as is clearly evident by the masses purchasing little items or energy or whatever
    Nice everything you have there...
    Sssssssssssssssssss

They may not be scam by definition, but they use the energy to get people to pay more money for it and none of this is ever detailed in the game description.

If i buy a game, it may only be 69p/99c, but unless i am told otherwise and expect to, i don't want to find additional costs when you pay for it, get into the game and then can't progress because your 'energy' has run out.

If its a free game, then you're fair game for it, but there should still be a point in the description saying so.

Anyway i digress.... COME ON APPLE!!! PULL YOUR FINGER OUT!!!
    Last edited by DickDastardly; 04-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenders2 View Post
    That would be superb! Mind you apple do some very strange things. They allow scam apps on the appstore, but decline legit games with beta players to support that the game is fine. Even though EotE wasn't about being a legit game, the fact that scam apps get into the appstore but games like this don't is concerning
    Yes I will not join the "scam" conversation about pay-to-play business models, but I do agree that there is a lot of content that is questionable on the app store, when gems like EOTE are held back because of petty subscription models.

On a sadder note, my guess failed about a release late last night. I should have checked http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/, because about over a month ago it was down to 4 days. It seems more apps are being submitted and the review time is taking 7 days. Counting by Zarks resubmission post the seventh day is today. =)

Quote Originally Posted by lordxorn View Post
    I should have checked http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/, because about over a month ago it was down to 4 days. It seems more apps are being submitted and the review time is taking 7 days. Counting by Zarks resubmission post the seventh day is today. =)
    I had checked, and looking on the twitter feed there's a huge jumble from 4 - 8. I also thought they counted weekends and if so we're at 9!

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    I had checked, and looking on the twitter feed there's a huge jumble from 4 - 8. I also thought they counted weekends and if so we're at 9!
    By either count we are at 0-hour. =)

I think we have to factor in that once its approved, Zark and Lee will probably dance around like mad for a few hours.

Haha, everyone's getting so excited and impatient.. Fun to see! I myself am also very excited to see this game getting available! I have seldom been so eager to start playing any game ever!

Been stalking the website since March when I saw the review by Touch Arcade about EoTe but I've registered just to say I've got my fingers crossed for you guys at zarksoft. Looks like you've put alot of hard work in and I wholeheartedly support your quest for a game that is based on skill, not how much disposable income and time someone has to burn.

Looking forward to see you all in game soon!

Still waiting for review.. *sigh*.. I would suspect it'll be any time now.

We really dislike the pay to win models as well. One of the reasons we have been so upfront about our business model with everyone. We certainly don't want to seem like we are trying to scam anyone. We have a set monthly fee, you get everything we put in the game. As we add new things, you'll get those too.. The biggest thing is when you lose, it'll be because someone was better than you, not because someone paid 50$ for the I get to kick you butt button.

During this waiting period we are already starting to work on the iPad version, and game improvements. Be the time this gets through we'll probably be ready to submit an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    During this waiting period we are already starting to work on the iPad version
    iPad version would be TOPS