Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Empire of the Eclipse has been APPROVED by Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    Great news!
    Just curious though, does the launch delay has anything to do with Diablo 3 coming out today?
    Actually yes it does.. Blizzard called us up yesterday after we put out the news and begged us to hold off the release. They didn't want us to hurt their customer base. We totally understand it has taken them 10 years, and us 3, so we felt we should hold off as a courtesy.

You totally reminded me, I have a collectors edition reserved.. They probably won't let me play till the leader boards are done... and the iPad version.. and the update.. and the etc.. At least I'll be able to look at the collectors edition box..

Actually it has nothing to do with that... There are reasons for the delay, but we can't talk about it...

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    Actually yes it does.. Blizzard called us up yesterday after we put out the news and begged us to hold off the release. They didn't want us to hurt their customer base. We totally understand it has taken them 10 years, and us 3, so we felt we should hold off as a courtesy.

You totally reminded me, I have a collectors edition reserved.. They probably won't let me play till the leader boards are done... and the iPad version.. and the update.. and the etc.. At least I'll be able to look at the collectors edition box..

Actually it has nothing to do with that... There are reasons for the delay, but we can't talk about it...
    Reasons imposed by yourselves or outside influences?

I think regardless the importance of timing is crucial with anything like this. It's had some press now it needs more!

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    Reasons imposed by yourselves or outside influences?
    Outside... More info will be forth coming I'm sure. At any rate the latest date is May 24th 12am (Just as the 23rd turns to the 24th...). It may be sooner though.. just depends on a couple of things..

I can certainly understand everyone's excitement and possibly frustrations, but correct me if I am wrong Zarksoft, when publishing on the Apple App Store there are some considerations you must take as a business. Zarksoft is a business, and if we want them to continue to bring us more gaming strategy goodness, they have to be successful on launch day. The more successful they are on launch day, the possibility of them getting EOTE featured goes up. So they have to now hype the game, now that it is approved, so that will happen.

It's not that big a deal. The Atari 800 w/1MB Axlon board needs a new PS and we have to wait for a new one to arrive. My 256K 800XLs aren't quite good enough to run the game.

I just picked up my collectors addition of D3. The scull with soul stone is wicked!

Itchy fingers..... want... to.... play.....

Is it the 24th yet?! )

I heard a rumor thats its on the release list for tonight

Sigh.... Touch arcade jumped the gun

"KHANNNNNNNNNN"
    Last edited by Marked; 05-17-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Apparently it's out in New Zealand....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=134894

Also, the Verge is saying it's supposed to be out in North American at 11:00pm EST, which is in 18 minutes....

*fingers crossed*

*EDIT: Nevermind.....
    Last edited by AntiHaze; 05-17-2012 at 03:27 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    Apparently it's out in New Zealand....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=134894

Also, the Verge is saying it's supposed to be out in North American at 11:00pm EST, which is in 18 minutes....

*fingers crossed*

*EDIT: Nevermind.....
    @zark 222mb?! I remember when it was sub 30mb =p did the fight sequences make it in?
    For clarification, the size is absolutely no problem for me.
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO