Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MANUAL for Empire Of The Eclipse

MANUAL for Empire Of The Eclipse

Where can i download the manual for Empire Of The Eclipse?

There isn't currently a separate written manual for Empire of the Eclipse at the moment. The tutorial videos located here ( http://www.youtube.com/user/Zarksoft/videos ) cover all the core concepts for the game.

If there's demand for a separate manual I could compile together the scripts from the video tutorials along with some screenshots and appendices for the technology descriptions and various ship stats.

I'd love to get my hands on a detailed description of each specialty. It'd be nice to be well informed by the time I get hands on the game. Just found out about this game a few days ago, and can't get enough while I wait for release. *returns to rifling through the forums*

Edit: I completely missed the wiki sticky up top, is that pretty well up to date?
    Last edited by Space_Doogie; 05-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Space_Doogie: I built that Wiki during the early beta in 2011. Things have changed somewhat since then. I hope someone takes over updating that Wiki for the release (I'm too busy to do anything with it at this point).

I think a beginners guide is needed. A few opening move suggestions for all three character types. I think there are some things that the game does not do that make it a bit harder to learn. A guide is needed to explain how to do some organizational things.

Example: there is no outpost tag that lets a player know if you set up a cargo route and what type of ship. How to calculate what ship capacity is needed to be efficient and so on. These are things I do not get from the tutorial videos.

Hope I am making sense. :>)

Help build a manual for EOTE by posting on the Wiki:

http://eote.wikia.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeeWhiz View Post
    I think a beginners guide is needed. A few opening move suggestions for all three character types. I think there are some things that the game does not do that make it a bit harder to learn. A guide is needed to explain how to do some organizational things.
    Couldn't agree more.
    (And not sure a wiki is where it should go, but better than not having one, I suppose)

The wiki is a great resource to have, but there really needs to be something more ingame than just the tutorial videos.

If you want this game to grow and become more mainstream, it's going to need a real manual and a starting guide. Even with the tutorials, starting the game it's all just random button pressing and guessing.

I agree, it took a whole day to figure out things and I still don't know if what is happening is a glitch or part of the game.