First of all, I would like to congratulate Zarksoft for the release of the game.
ITS GREAT! (Especially the art work)

Anyways, I've noticed a few things after a few hours of gameplay.
The game is amazing, but I already have some suggestions for future reference.

1. Gameplay speed/time
I feel that the game is TOO slow. Half a day or a full day to build a structure makes me really frustrated. I want to see my empire grow at a steady pace. This feels a little too slow for me. So here's a suggestion: Make time based servers.

Example:
Server name- Psilos Arcturus. Nubia. Kol

speed- slow 1/2X Normal 1X. Fast 2X. Very Fast 4X
This way players can join servers that best match their time availabilty.

2. Ship Design and details:
Ship design facinated me right from the start. Here's something better:
Ship designer. Gives us the parts to work with, then allow the player to put the ships together for additional customization. This way we have a diverse array of ships to work with. Also, It becomes confusing when I click ships that are transiting. I get confused ( I think they aren't doing anything) so I keep on making them move to a new location over and over until I realize I repeated it 5 times. When a ship is selected, show current action clearly.

3. Planet details:
Again, make the experience rewarding for the player. If we click the planets we own, allow the players to see the details. Show the actual strucutures that have been built on the planet. Show lively cities or quiet colonies functioning depending on thr colony size.
Show the empire's citizens and ships flying and walking past the cities.
Almost like Sins of a solar empire planet details.

With the art work I've been seeing thus far, I would explode in my pants if this happened.

Other than this, a little annoyed by the constant "Connection to Server Lost" msg which pops up occasionally.

Keep up the good work!