Thread: Nergal just disappeared from the server list...

Nergal just disappeared from the server list...

As the title says, the Tutorial server Nergal just went missing. Lost connection as it has before, but this time when I went to log in to Nergal it said the server was missing. Upon further searching the server is also absent from the server lists. Only the competitive server is showing up ATM.

Nevermind, seems to have fixed itself.

Edit: However, it wiped my entire training queue, removed my specialty and removed my planet name.
    Last edited by ChickenHawk07; 05-24-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    Nevermind, seems to have fixed itself.

Edit: However, it wiped my entire training queue, removed my specialty and removed my planet name.
    I believe this is because it reverts to a recent backup if the Server gets corrupted. I've seen this behavior before, too.

Due to the limits from Apple on how many testers we could have, the server has far more players on it now than we ever had during testing. So far there are two issues which are bringing Nergal down. One I have a possible fix ready to install, the other is more obscure and is going to be very hard to locate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Due to the limits from Apple on how many testers we could have, the server has far more players on it now than we ever had during testing. So far there are two issues which are bringing Nergal down. One I have a possible fix ready to install, the other is more obscure and is going to be very hard to locate.
    Well i'll be jumping ship as soon as the other server is online

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    i suggest we get stable nergal before Aruru launch

Quote Originally Posted by Stille View Post
    i suggest we get stable nergal before Aruru launch
    Well i'd say Aruru will be stable as its designed for a higher number of users. Unlike Nergal.

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    Well i'd say Aruru will be stable as its designed for a higher number of users. Unlike Nergal.
    I guess all there is not so simple. Bugs can fell down a whole server with only 1 player, and only dev's know what is there happenning on the background - critical or not.

Hopefully we will have everything running smooth in the near future.