Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade routes

Trade routes

I've tried establishing a trade route with a nearby player. I set it up just as I would a harvesting route between two of my planets. However, the harvester does not run back and forth between the worlds. It makes one run and then stops. What am I doing wrong?

I have just done the same thing with the exact same result. I also followed the ship there curious about how much ore it would grab but.... Nothing appeared in the cargo on the way back? And yes, when it arrived it showed up again in my "ships" tab and idled...
    Won't be doing that again till I learn what I'm doing wrong.... Anyone??

I was actually coming to ask the same question, as the trading tutorial explains how trading works, but not how to initiate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotus View Post
    I've tried establishing a trade route with a nearby player. I set it up just as I would a harvesting route between two of my planets. However, the harvester does not run back and forth between the worlds. It makes one run and then stops. What am I doing wrong?
    Making one run and then stopping usually means that when it got to the trader's planet it was refused permission to load, ie there was no route. Now why it thought there was no route I couldn't say without a lot more information.

I read somewhere in the posts that trade has to be approved by both players and that the default is off. So I assume that your trade vessels went to the other persons planet and trade was denied because it wasnt pre-approved by the planet owner. Dont know for sure but thats what I read in another post.

So to set up a trade route I just select a harvester or any trade ship and click on it like resource gathering with another players planet as the source and my planet as the destination?

Does that mean anyone can set up a trade route with anyone without really asking?

How do you decline a trade or stop one in progress?

Can both parties see the trade balance if it's affected by contracts or conterfeiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Making one run and then stopping usually means that when it got to the trader's planet it was refused permission to load, ie there was no route. Now why it thought there was no route I couldn't say without a lot more information.
    Ok, yeah a little more info is definitely needed in the video tutorials. I THINK I set up a trade route, but not sure. I set up a Resource Gathering Auto pilot with my trade partner and used my colony as the source and his as the destination... Is that right? Or did I just waste an hour of my time waiting for my harvester to return?

Also, Marked, the "Trade approved" thing you were talking about I think was mentioned in the tutorial. But there it mentioned that the default was everyone was set to Embargo status. However, in the Ikala server, everyone is defaulted with a Peace setting. So I don't believe there is an actual "Acept Trade Agreement" function. I could be wrong.

Please give us some clarification Tsagoth.

Setting a trade route is the same as a harvesting route, the only difference is you're setting another players planet as the source and you have to be at peace with that player.

By default planets should be set to 'embargo' and not 'peace' like is shown in the tutorial. If someone has you embargoed you can't trade with they change their status with you to peace. So the peace diplomatic status is the 'accept trade agreement' function in essence.

Ok, I'm still a little confused. I set my planet as the source and his as the destination. Once the harvester got to his planet nothing happened. However, while my harvester was still in his orbit, I clicked on my unit and a new icon was available. It was next to the harvest resource button and had two larger arrows - It was the trade button. I clicked the button and then it asked for a destination. Since I was already at his I picked his planet. Nothing happened, so I tried again, this time I picked my planet using the new trade button and my ship jumped and started making its way back to my colony. It is now on its way back to my trade partner's planet (On an Auto Route). There is no notification telling you how much ore was gained in the transaction though... Anywhere we can find that?

I think I got a trade route set up. When I look under the ship list it says "player trade".

However where do I see the screen from the tutorial that displays the percent balance each player gets? Also how can you tell how much each player gets from the trade?